When your car is running normally everything is fine, however if it begins to have regular complications you may possibly start to worry, especially if your car won’t start. In this article we will show you where the starter of a Acura TL is, it will help you to resolve your ignition complications. To do this, we will first illustrate the role of a starter, then, where is the starter on a Acura TL , and, finally, how to change the starter of a car.
Purpose of the starter on your Acura TL
We start this content page by detailing the role of the starter motor on your Acura TL. The starter is an electric motor which is powered by your battery, its job will be to make your engine run at a high enough speed to start it (usually around 300/400 rpm). It is built from three main parts:
- The Solenoid: This component is an electrical relay that will act as a switch, it will be activated by the key of your Acura TL and let the current from your battery to the engine unit of your alternator.
- The engagement pinion: This is the last part of your starter, it is the toothed wheel that will be in direct contact with the flywheel, it allows to send the force from the starter to the engine.
The engine unit: Main component of your alternator, it is the one that will drive the flywheel of your Acura TL and generate enough speed for your engine unit to start.
Where is the starter on a Acura TL?
Now that we have fairly quickly explained what a starter is and how it works, we will answer the question that most of you have to ask yourselves where is the starter found on a Acura TL? It is quite easy to discover a starter, obviously, it is a large part that will almost constantly be positioned in a similar location. We let you discover the two possible spots for your car starter down below.
Location of the starter on traditional Acura TL
First and most general circumstance, where to discover the starter of a Acura TL with a conventional motor (implied without start and stop). The starter has a particular action, to start the engine unit of your car, for that, it must constantly be near the engine unit flywheel of this one because it is the part that it actuates when it is used. The flywheel is found at the junction between your gearbox and your engine unit.
Location of the starter to Acura TL with start and stop
And now second possible starter location of your Acura TL . This case is much less frequent. It only concerns engines equipped with start and stop, and a good part of them will be equipped with a starter positioned close to the flywheel. However, on some particular series or engines, the starter of your Acura TL may be integrated in your alternator, it is then known as a starter-alternator, to discover it nothing easier, identify your accessory belt and you should discover the big starter block.
How to change the starter on a Acura TL?
Finally, we’ll show you to you quite fairly quickly how to change the starter of a Acura TL. This process is not actually difficult, it can be considered by people who have a lowest of basic mechanical experience and adapted tools. Stick to down below the main steps to carry out this intervention:
- Disconnect the battery on your Acura TL, if you don’t know how to do it, don’t think twice to consult our content page which details how to do it without taking any risk.
- After finding your starter, loosen the fasteners that hold it in your engine unit block, there will usually be 2 or 3
- It will be time to disconnect the power cables from the starter motor of your Acura TL, however before doing so we suggest you to take a picture of the installation to avoid making a mistake when reassembling.
- It’s possible that to take out it you may possibly need to take out parts like the gimbal.
- Remount the new starter, being careful when connecting the connectors.
- Reconnect your battery and test your starter.
If you wish more guides on the Acura TL, go to our Acura TL category.