We are lucky to have cars that are equipped with a number of features, one of the most preferred of which is the audio function in our Acura TL. Whether it’s playing the radio, playing your favorite artist, or connecting your mobile and playing your playlist, the greater part of users use this feature in their cars. Nevertheless, it is possible that the sound system of your Acura TL is damaged, you may get a crackling discomfort and want to change the speakers in your Acura TL . In reality, when you notice a vibration from its speakers, or when the general sound quality is poor, it becomes irritating to use its sound system. In this guide we will present you accurately how to change the speakers of your Acura TL, step by step. To get this done, we will first help you repair your speakers if that’s the action you want to take, then select the best speakers for your car, and finally, most likely what brings you in this article, how to change the speakers of your Acura TL.
HOW TO FIX A SPEAKER / MEMBRANE ON Acura TL
Let’s start our guide on changing speakers on Acura TL with the speaker repair step . It is important to know that this is not a simple project and if you do it, it needs to be done on quality speakers, because the cost and time spent to do it might not be worth changing it with a good speaker. On the other hand, if you have chosen to do it because your loudspeaker sizzles and your sound is of poor quality, the only manipulation we can accompany you on is the change of the pieces that we call the suspension and the membrane of your speakers, it is the black edge, in most instances made of polyurethane that will give the opportunity to the membrane of the speakers of your Acura TL to move and generate sound. In case that one of its two components is cracked or decomposes, you will have the ability to act on it. Last but not least, just before you start repairing your speaker, gently and repeatedly push the membrane towards the bottom of the speaker and if you identify a rubbing noise, it shows that your speaker is broken and needs to be changed. Instead, carry on to the following areas of this guide.
If it doesn’t make any particular noise, you can start repairing the speaker of your Acura TL, here are the most important steps:
- Measure the diameter and the thickness of the suspension/membrane assembly, order it on the internet and don ‘t forget the glue (1 tube for 2 loudspeakers).
- Keep the diaphragm pressed down at the bottom of the speaker for the period of the procedure, with a can for example.
- Using a cutter, attentively uncouple the suspension from the speaker frame, you will have to be patient and delicate for this step, don’t forget to remove all the remnants of the suspension that might be attached to the frame.
- Read the installation instructions delivered with your new suspension membrane set up to complete repairing the speakers of your Acura TL.
HOW TO SELECT YOUR SPEAKERS FOR an Acura TL?
Now is the time to select the speakers for your Acura TL. Remember that a high-performance audio system is related to an uncertain balance. So if you are trying to change one or more of your car’s speakers, you need to make this choice in a methodical technique to keep the sound quality. We’ll give you the different parameters and things you need to take into consideration when choosing the speakers you want to change on your Acura TL:
- Deciding which speakers to change (in some cases only a block in the lower part of the door, while on some finishes you will have midrange speakers that handle bass always in the lower section of the door and tweeter speakers that handle treble in the upper part of the door).
- Take out the cover or door panel to do so and measure the diameter of the speakers to be changed, there are 3 standard sizes, 100, 130 and 165mm.
- The more speakers you pick a model that fits the size and mounting of your Acura TL, the more you choose a speaker model that is equipped with a high number of channels, the more correct the sound of your motor vehicle will be. Make sure to check that the depth of your speaker is appropriate with the depth of your door.
- Ensure that the power in watts and Ohms is suitable for your installation.
HOW DO YOU CHANGE Acura TL SPEAKER? HOW TO MOUNT YOUR SPEAKERS
At last, here we are at the last section of our guide on changing speakers on Acura TL . We will now discover the different steps you need to take to install the new speakers on your motor vehicle:
- Disconnect your battery to avoid any electrical hazard…
- Take out the cover of the speaker to be changed or the door trim of your xxx if required (be careful not to break the trim fasteners, which are usually vulnerable).
- Take out the speaker to be changed by removing the screws holding it, be careful with the length of wire at the rear of it, disconnect the connectors before removing it completely (don’t forget to keep the screws in case you want to put the old speaker back together).
- Connect the new speaker to your Acura TL and try it out with your radio before attaching it, so you don’t have to waste time if a hassle comes up.
- Attach the new speakers and refit the cover or door trim.
- Repeat the procedure for the number of medium, tweeter you want to change on your Acura TL.
A little advice, remember to tighten the fixing screws when you change the speakers because they make quite a lot of vibrations and they may loosen as you go along. That’s it, you’ve just found out how to change a speaker on Acura TL, now all you have to do is enjoy your favorite music with this brand new audio system. In case you’re looking to finish upgrading your sound system, we advise that you change the motor vehicle radio in your Acura TL, as it will define the overall sound quality of your speakers, so be sure to check out our article on this subject.
If you have any further questions about the Acura TL, do not hesitate to consult our Acura TL category.