Keeping an eye on your car is essential in the present day, indeed, if you do not do the minimum maintenance of it, or if you do not take into consideration signals of unusualness, you highly risk to see your car becoming unpleasant to use. This is exactly the topic we are going to speak about on this webpage, one of the signs that most disturbs motorists is the seat belt indicator light on Mercedes Benz S Class . In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, first we will see what this belt warning light on Mercedes Benz S Class corresponds to, then in a second how to handle it if the seat belt warning light stays on and beeps on Mercedes Benz S Class? .
Seat belt indicator light on Mercedes Benz S Class
So we commence with the content page about the security belt light on Mercedes Benz S Class . This or these lights, depending on the series of your motor vehicle, you may only have one or one per seat, will have the task of notifying the driver and reminding people to fasten their seat belts . It will activate when the ignition of your Mercedes Benz S Class is turned on. It can be coupled with presence sensor , which thanks to a weight sensor will be able to detect the presence or not of a passenger on the seats. Please be aware that you are obliged by the Highway Code, as well as your passengers, to wear seatbelts in any moving vehicle, it is for your security, so this warning light is a good technique to avoid putting yourself in danger. This seat belt warning light can be connected with a beeper , to be certain you are conscious of the omission.
Why does the seat belt light turn on at Mercedes Benz S Class?
We will now move on to the abnormal motives for the belt light to switch on Mercedes Benz S Class . In time, it should only be lighted if a passenger sitting in a seat has not fastened his belt, here is a list of the different issues you may have with your belt indicator:
- The seat belt indicator lights up inadvertently with or without the buzzer alarm although the seat belts are properly fastened although you are driving in your Mercedes Benz S Class, in this case it is possible that the buckle sensor is defective
- The Mercedes Benz S Class belt warning light is lighted on an empty seat: In this instance, it is most likely that the presence sensor is faulty.
- The seat belt indicator light stays on and there’s no audible alarm: It could be the light or the fuse that’s the issue if all the belts in the occupied seats are properly locked.
What if the seat belt light wont come off on Mercedes Benz S Class?
Now that we have the problems that you may have with your seat belt light that stays on your Mercedes Benz S Class , we will try to give you the solutions that you can fix it and turn off the belt light on the dashboard of your Mercedes Benz S Class .
- Presence sensor issue: : In the event that you have been capable to distinguish that your light issue is due to a presence sensor, you will need to check that there is no weight on your seats, as occasionally a simple shopping bag can cause the sensor and illuminate the belt light on your Mercedes Benz S Class. If you don’t have anything on your seats and your sensors are faulty, you will have to go to a repair shop to have it changed by a new one, the sensors generally cost between 50 and 100 euros. between 50 and 100 euros.
- Belt Buckle Sensor Issue: If the belt buckle sensor is not functioning correctly, you should have the indicator light illuminated inopportunely. Try to move it to see if something is blocking it, otherwise you will have to change it, you can locate some in motor vehicle breakage, otherwise you will have to count 100aine of euros .
- Finally, if the light is leading to your problems, you’ll need to check out your Mercedes Benz S Class’s interior fuse box.
If you want more guides on the Mercedes Benz S Class, go to our Mercedes Benz S Class category.