Keeping an eye on your car is very important in these modern times, in actual fact, if you do not do the minimal maintenance of it, or if you do not take into account signals of unusualness, you firmly risk to find out your car becoming unpleasant to use. This is exactly the theme we are going to discuss today, one of the symptoms that most disturbs motorists is the seat belt indicator light on Jeep Cherokee . In an effort to help you review this warning light, first we will find out what this belt warning light on Jeep Cherokee corresponds to, then in a second how to proceed if the seat belt warning light stays on and beeps on Jeep Cherokee? .
Seat belt indicator light on Jeep Cherokee
So we begin with the article content about the safety belt light on Jeep Cherokee . This or these lights, dependent on the series of your motor vehicle, you may just have one or one per seat, will have the function of alerting the driver and reminding passengers to fasten their seat belts . It will activate when the ignition of your Jeep Cherokee is turned on. It can be coupled with presence sensor , which thanks to a weight sensor will be able to detect the presence or not of a passenger on the seats. Please take note that you are obliged by the Highway Code, as well as your passengers, to wear seatbelts in any moving car, it is for your safety, so this warning light is a good way to avoid putting yourself in danger. This seat belt warning light can be connected with a beeper , to be sure you are advised of the omission.
Why does the seat belt light come on at Jeep Cherokee?
We will now move on to the abnormal causes for the belt light to switch on Jeep Cherokee . In normal operation , it should just be illuminated if a passenger sitting in a seat has not fastened his belt, here is a list of the different worries you may have with your belt indicator:
- The seat belt indicator lights up accidentally with or without the buzzer alarm while the seat belts are properly fastened while you are driving in your Jeep Cherokee, in this case it is possible that the buckle sensor is faulty
- The Jeep Cherokee belt warning light is illuminated on an empty seat: In such a case, it is most likely that the presence sensor is defective.
- The seat belt indicator light stays on and there’s no audible alarm: It could be the light or the fuse that’s the problem if all the belts in the occupied seats are properly locked.
What if the seat belt light wont come off on Jeep Cherokee?
Now that we have the complications that you may have with your seat belt light that stays on your Jeep Cherokee , we will try to give you the solutions that you can resolve it and turn off the belt light on the dashboard of your Jeep Cherokee .
- Presence sensor problem: : In the event you have been able to determine that your light problem is due to a presence sensor, you will need to examine that there is no weight on your seats, as often a simple shopping bag can result in the sensor and come on the belt light on your Jeep Cherokee. If you don’t have anything on your seats and your sensors are defective, you will have to go to a motor mechanic to have it replaced by a new one, the sensors generally cost between 50 and 100 euros. between 50 and 100 euros.
- Belt Buckle Sensor Trouble: If the belt buckle sensor is not functioning properly, you should have the indicator light illuminated inopportunely. Try to move it to find out if something is blocking it, otherwise you will have to replace it, you can find some in motor vehicle breakage, otherwise you will have to count 100aine of euros .
- Finally, if the light is leading to your complications, you’ll need to take a look at your Jeep Cherokee’s interior fuse box.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Jeep Cherokee, do not hesitate to consult our Jeep Cherokee category.