We are used to accompanying you in the small problems that go with the use of your car. In this article, we are going to check out a problem that may seem minor but that rather quickly turns out to be annoying if it is not repaired. Indeed, we are going to help you to know how to replace my Mercedes Benz S Class card battery? The advantage of cards is that they work hands-free, but without electricity your card will be useless. That’s why, first, we will see how the card works, then how to replace the battery of the card of your Mercedes Benz S Class?, and, at last, which is the battery that matches to the card of your Mercedes Benz S Class.
How does the key card of your Mercedes Benz S Class function?
Before we demonstrate how to replace the batteries in your Mercedes Benz S Class hands-free card, we will promptly explain how it works and the benefits it will give you. Who hasn’t had difficulties finding their car keys in their bag or pocket? For a few years now, car makers have been looking into this difficulty. With the advent of new wireless technologies, key problems will promptly become a thing of the past! We are going to reveal you the product features and operation of your car key card now:
- It uses a wireless technology that emits a frequency of 433 MHz.
- Receivers/transmitters are present on the motor vehicle and on the card so that both can intercommunicate.
- It permits you to open the Mercedes Benz S Class simply by passing your hand in front of the door or by pulling the handle when the card is close to your car
- There are two types of key card, one that permits to open and close like a centralized lock with the help of a button, and the other one that allows to open without even touching the card.
- There is a spare key in the card so that you can open the door and start your Mercedes Benz S Class if you run out of battery power.
How do I replace the card battery of my Mercedes Benz S Class?
We will in this part move on to the part that interests you the most in this article, how to replace the key card battery of an Mercedes Benz S Class? Effectively this wireless technology requires energy to function. When the batteries of your card are lifeless you will not be able to wireless open the doors of your motor vehicle, but with the help of the integrated physical key you can do it by hand. Concerning the ignition, all you have to do is insert the card in the slot provided for this purpose, even without a battery, it has a chip that allows your car to start. We now move on to the procedure for replacing the battery of the card in your Mercedes Benz S Class:
- Press the button at the bottom and pull out the emergency key while doing so.
- You will need to see a tab that will allow you to open the case of your card in half.
- Use a thin thing to take off the used battery from the card
- Install the new battery in the slot provided.
- Close the card.
- On some models it will work instantly, on others you will have to press the button 4 times to reactivate it.
Which kind of of battery to buy for the card of my Mercedes Benz S Class?
At last, to finish our short post we will help you to select the card battery type of your Mercedes Benz S Class. They all look very identical and it is not always easy to select the suitable one. It is a button size 3V Lithium CR battery, regarding the number of the battery according to the year of your Mercedes Benz S Class, it can be either the 2016, the 2032 or the 1620.
To discover more tips on the Mercedes Benz S Class, take a look at the Mercedes Benz S Class category.