You’re most probably thinking about your first motor vehicle, or, you want to buy a new car but you don’t really know which model to go for. While doing your used car search you have most probably discovered that the Mercedes Benz S Class of “companies” are more affordable to purchase and seems to be an interesting option. Nevertheless, these Mercedes Benz S Class only have 2 seats and will therefore involve a conversion to allow you to enjoy them like a classic car. We are going to see in this content page how to convert a 2-seater Mercedes Benz S Class into a 5-seater , to achieve this, first, we will make a summary of the essential key actions to be taken, then, we will see what are the modifications to be done on the automobile, then in a second step, what are the administrative steps to be taken to finalize the conversion of your Mercedes Benz S Class company into a 5-seater.
The main key guidelines to convert a Mercedes Benz S Class 2-seater into a 5-seater
Here is the list of the main lines to respect if you want to to pass your Mercedes Benz S Class company or commercial in 5 places:
- Add the missing seats and seat belts.
- Get the certificate of conformity from the company
- Take his Mercedes Benz S Class to the roadworthiness evaluation to have the changes checked
- To run his car through mine control.
- Report to your insurance company about the change in the car.
Modifications to be done on the automobile to convert a Mercedes Benz S Class 2-seater into a 5-seater
We will so start our content page on the transformation of a Mercedes Benz S Class 2-seater into a 5-seater with the modifications to be done straight on the automobile in order to allow it to be accepted as a Mercedes Benz S Class 5-seater.
Convert its Mercedes Benz S Class to 5 seaters on his own
If you want to do a majority of the process on your own, you should know that it will be hard to do. In reality, the companies make the transformation of the so-called “company”/commercial Mercedes Benz S Class easy only for the manufacturers, here are the motives:
- You will have to get a certificate of conformity, which will necessitate a visit to the automobile by a specialist.
- Buy a complete kit to transform your Mercedes Benz S Class into a 5-seater (belts/seats)
- Fit the kit as indicated by the tightening standards (torque)
For all these aspects, it is easier to contact an approved auto mechanic who will execute these actions in conformity with the manufacturer’s standards.
If you still wish to carry out the transformation of your new Mercedes Benz S Class on your own, contact the car breakdowns in your area to get the necessary parts and look for manufacturer information linked to the tightening and fitting of seats and belts.
Have the conversion achieved by a specialist
If you want to convert your Mercedes Benz S Class 2-seater into a 5-seater at a specialist, you have made the easiest resolution. Obviously, he will have a much simpler access to the parts catalogue and will be able to deliver you the certificate of conformity and will enable you to conduct the following steps without the slightest apprehension.
The administrative steps that must be taken to convert a Mercedes Benz S Class into 5 places
Now that we have seen the first technical steps in the transformation of a Mercedes Benz S Class 2-seater into a 5-seater, we will now handle the administrative action.
The different steps to be accomplished in order to have one’s Mercedes Benz S Class 2 places recognized as a 5 places
You will discover down below, the different steps to respect in order to be ok with the law to drive your Mercedes Benz S Class converted into 5 seats..:
- After the changes done on your Mercedes Benz S Class, you have one month to make a change of car registration , so it will be crucial to adhere to all the steps as soon as possible.
- You have to bring the automobile to pass the roadworthiness test , which is compulsory following a change on an automobile.
- Take the automobile to the mine so that they can testify to the change in the number of seats in your Mercedes Benz S Class li>
- Apply for a new car registration card at your prefecture
Price of the conversion of a Mercedes Benz S Classinto 5 places
Finally last part, to give you a good idea of the price that the passage of a Mercedes Benz S Class 2 seats to 5 seats can generate, it is necessary to know that a kit seats plus installation will cost you at a dealer on average 2500 to 3500 euros and that it is crucial to add to that the technical control, the passage to the mine and the new car registration. So think well before buying your Mercedes Benz S Class company or commercial, whether it is financially interesting for you.
If you want more guides on the Mercedes Benz S Class, go to our Mercedes Benz S Class category.