Regardless you are the new possessor of a Ford Crown Victoria, have been lent one, or have leased one, you may not yet know all the particulars of this motor vehicle. This is precisely the subject of this article, we will help you to accomplish a simple but important task on 3-door cars to be able to transport more than 2 persons. That’s why we are going to tell you how to fold a front seat on a Ford Crown Victoria, for that, first of all, we are going to compare the different configuration settings of the front seat of your motor vehicle, and, in a second step, the different methods to fold the front seat of a Ford Crown Victoria..
The different front seat configurations settings of an Ford Crown Victoria
To begin, we’ll commence our article by presenting the different settings available on the front seat of a Ford Crown Victoria. Indeed, even if you want to fold one of your front seats on your vehicle, you should know that according to the model of your car and its finish you will have access to different settings, here are most of the settings you can have on your Ford Crown Victoria:
- Basic and crucial adjustment for driving without taking risks, this adjustment of the front seat of your Ford Crown Victoria permits you to change the distance of the seat to the pedals to be able to adapt to the size of each person’s legs.
- This setting permits you to have a better ability to see of the road, for small persons we tend to elevate the seat and for big persons to lower it.
- Finally, the last “classic” configuration is the seat inclination, not to be confounded with the control to fold the seat of a Ford Crown Victoria, this setting will enable you, depending on the length of your arms, to have the best driving position without tiring to reach the controls
- The lumbar support: On some finish, you will also be able to adjust the lumbar support provided by your seat by pressing down on the backrest, a very pleasant adjustment for long trips.
How do you fold the front seat down from a Ford Crown Victoria?
After looking at all the seat adjustments, we will in this part assist you to fold down the front seat of your Ford Crown Victoria. Please be aware that according to the number of doors on your car the process will not be the same. Whether you want to fold down a front seat to transport a passenger on a 3-door Ford Crown Victoria, or whether you want to fold it down to transport bulky things on a 5-door Ford Crown Victoria, it will not be the same procedure, here are the different methods to do it
Fold down the front seat of a 3-door Ford Crown Victoria.
As we advised you before, whether it’s to get a passenger in the back seat, or to carry bulky stuff, knowing how to fold the front seat down from its Ford Crown Victoria is important. This step is quite simple, and according to the year of your Ford Crown Victoria the lever to fold down the front seat can be in different locations, here are the 3 possible places for this command:
- At the top of the seat back near the headrest
- On the side of the seat in most cases in the middle of the backrest
- On the side of the seat in the middle of the seat
Pressing this lever will completely fold down the front seat back of your Ford Crown Victoria and free the seat from its location on the rail that allows you to move the seat forward or backward, this will allow you to save even more space for an easy passenger in the rear.
Folding down the front seat of a 5-door Ford Crown Victoria
As for folding the front seat of a Ford Crown Victoria 5-door, the approach is not the same because since it is not designed to receive rear passengers through the front doors, your seats don’t have the same functionality we just talked about above. Folding the front seat of a 5-door Ford Crown Victoria will generally only be useful if you want to carry bulky stuff. To do this, you’ll need to use the recline control to fold your seats. Depending on the year of your car, it can be in the form of a knob to turn, or a lever to operate to choose the inclination of your car. If you don’t have enough volume and want to fold the rear seat of your Ford Crown Victoria, don’t hesitate to consult our article dedicated to this manipulation.
If you want more guides on the Ford Crown Victoria, go to our Ford Crown Victoria category.