Regardless whether for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your turn signal bulbs are always working is necessary. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will surely burn out over the years and therefore need to be swapped out. You’re perhaps in this article because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Volkswagen Golf, we’ve written and published this content page to help you do it alone and not have to go to your mechanic. In a first step, we will take a look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Golf and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to discover if the front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Golf is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your car you don’t constantly have the opportunity to examine all the security features of your Volkswagen Golf. In fact, you are most likely in a hurry and tend to enter into your car, make your trip and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an unexpected check-up. It is as a consequence crucial to take the time to once in a while examine the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Volkswagen Golf, but that you didn’t realize it. Here are the two simple options to control if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it fairly quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to control that they are operational.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible signal on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Volkswagen Golf, you will identify that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this suggests that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and check out which one is burnt out by a visual control as on the first methodology shown above.
You may have another bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to read our articles to help you to do this replacement.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Golf
Now let’s go to the most significant step of this content page, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen Golf? Please note that this operation is fairly simple, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen Golf. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special content page. Nevertheless, here are the details of the steps to stick to in order to execute this act efficiently according to the technique you wish to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Volkswagen Golf through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Volkswagen Golf by the new one (make certain to examine if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same guidelines as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Volkswagen Golf on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be careful with the plastic staples which can be vulnerable.
- Take off your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Volkswagen Golf following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen Golf through the wheel arch:
This process is especially useful when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Volkswagen Golf through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, according to the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will point them now:
To get more tips on the Volkswagen Golf, take a look at the Volkswagen Golf category.