Regardless for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your turn signal bulbs are always working is necessary. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will undoubtedly burn out after some time and consequently need to be swapped out. You’re quite likely on this site because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Ford Flex, we’ve written and published this content to help you do it all on your own and not have to go to your auto mechanic. In a first step, we will examine controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Ford Flex and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognise if the front turn signal bulb on your Ford Flex is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your automobile you don’t constantly have the opportunity to check all the security components of your Ford Flex. Indeed, you are nearly always in a rush and tend to enter into your automobile, make your journey and put it down right away without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is therefore relevant to take the time to occasionally check the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Ford Flex, but that you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple methods to control if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to control that they are functional.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible signal on each car that informs you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Ford Flex, you will recognize that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this means that you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and check out which one is burnt out by a visual control as on the first process shown earlier mentioned.
You may have an additional bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to consult our articles to help you to do this substitution.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Ford Flex
Now let’s go to the most significant step of this content, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Flex? Take note that this operation is fairly simple, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Ford Flex. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific content. Nevertheless, here are the details of the guidelines to follow to be able to accomplish this act correctly dependant on the approach you desire to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Ford Flex through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Ford Flex by the new one (make sure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb is effective.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Ford Flex on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be mindful with the plastic staples which can be vulnerable.
- Take off your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Ford Flex following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Flex through the wheel arch:
This process is specially useful when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Flex through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will detail them now:
To get more tips on the Ford Flex, take a look at the Ford Flex category.