Regardless for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, making sure your turn signal bulbs are always operational is important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will surely burn out as time passes and as a consequence need to be swapped out. You’re likely in this article because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Kia Rio, we’ve created this article to help you do it without hiring somebody and not have to go to your technician. In a first section, we will take a look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Kia Rio and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to find out if the front turn signal bulb on your Kia Rio is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your motor vehicle you don’t always have the possibility to check all the safety equipments of your Kia Rio. Indeed, you are in many cases in a rush and tend to get into your motor vehicle, make your journey and put it down right away without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is therefore relevant to take the time to in some cases check the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Kia Rio, but that you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two simple methods to control if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to control that they are functioning.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible sign on each car that signals you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Kia Rio, you will identify that the time between each “click” is much closer, this denotes that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and check which one is burnt out by a visual control as on the first procedure shown above.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to consult our blog posts to help you to carry out this substitution.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Kia Rio
Now let’s go to the most significant section of this article, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Kia Rio? Take note that this operation is fairly simple, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Kia Rio. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated article. Nevertheless, here are the details of the simple steps to follow to be able to perform this act efficiently according to the strategy you wish to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Kia Rio through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Kia Rio by the new one (make sure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the brand-new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and take off the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same basic steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Kia Rio on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Beware with the plastic staples which can be fragile.
- Take out your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Kia Rio following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Kia Rio through the wheel arch:
This process is especially effective when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Kia Rio through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will describe them right now:
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Kia Rio, do not hesitate to consult our Kia Rio category.