Whether it’s for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or for your wallet, making sure your headlight bulbs are always functional is very important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out over time and therefore need to be replaced. You are probably here because one of your fog lights is burned out and you are wondering how to change the bulb of my fog lights on your car, we have written this article to help you do this operation by yourself and not need to go to your mechanic. In a first step, we will look at changing the bulb of the front fog ligth bulb of your car and in a second step, how to change the rear fog light bulb of your car.
How to change the front fog light bulb of my car?
We are going to start this article with the changing the front fog light bulb of your car, be aware that depending on the year and the finish of your car it may not be the same method to use, that’s why we are going to give you the two most classical methods to change the front fog light bulb of your car.
Change the front fog light bulb of your car without removing the bumper.
First method, we will change the bulb without dismantling the bumper of your car. Although this method is the simplest, there is no guarantee that you can perform it on your vehicle. In fact, depending on the options and the year, on some models there will not be enough space for you to change the bulb in this way. Here are the two different methods to change the front fog lamp bulb of your car:
- By passing under the bumper of your car: First technique, you will position yourself under your vehicle, don’t hesitate to raise it with a jack if you don’t have enough space under the bumper. Once under the vehicle, all you have to do is to remove the clips of the plastic shoe that covers your engine and that rests on your bumper, you will have access to the fog light block of your car and you will not have any more (if you have enough space) remove the plastic cover, disconnect the plug, press on the metal part to take out the bulb and finally change the front fog light bulb of your car
- By removing the wheel arch: Second alternative, you can remove the wheel arch of your car to have access to the fog lamp block of your car. To do this, jack your vehicle up, remove the front wheels, then remove your wheel arch using the clips provided for this purpose and carry out the same operation as described above to change the bulb of the fog light of your car.
How to change the front fog light bulb of your car by removing the bumper?
We will now look at the case where you are obliged by lack of space on your car model to remove the bumper of your car in order to access the front fog light bulb of your car. To do so, you will first have to remove the front bumper of your car, do not hesitate to consult our complete guide to know the exact procedure, know to summarize, that you will need torx wrench, and that you will have to remove screws under your hood, in your wheel arches and under your vehicle. Once the bumper has been removed, you will only need to access the front fog lamp block and replace the fog lamp bulb on your carin the same manner as mentioned above.
How to change the rear fog light bulb on your car?
Finally, if you wish to change the rear fog bulb of your car the method is much simpler, here are the different steps to follow to allow you to replace this bulb:
- By the trunk, remove the floor covering from your trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your car.
- After locating the rear fog light bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb
- Insert your new rear fog light bulb into the headlamp block of your car
- Put everything back in place
Check that your fog lights are working properly again before you hit the road and you’re done.