Even if air conditioning in a car is one of the most chosen features when hot, it can besides that bring some inconveniences. In reality, the air conditioning in a Ford B-max can have a bad smell, and today we’re going to try to help you identify why. To do this, first we will take a look at the cause of this bad smell of air conditioning, then, in a second time, we will try to give you answers to make them go away.
Why does the air conditioning of my Ford B-max have a smell of humidity?
So we start our article with the source of the bad smells coming from the air conditioning of your Ford B-max. Regardless you have the impression that it is a musty smell, humidity, or other, the origin of these smells is often similar. In reality, air conditioning produces a lot of humidity, which will tend to build up in the ventilation system of your Ford B-max. This humidity is the ideal origin of the growth of bacteria and fungi of all forms in the air conditioning of your Ford B-max. Furthermore, it is possible that smoking in your vehicle, or not cleaning it often (food debris for example) will develop enhance the odors. Finally, the last common motive for a bad air conditioning smell in your Ford B-max is that you have a refrigerant gas leak, called FREON gas, which is toxic and secretes a bad smell that will propagate in the passenger compartment of your car.
What can I do to get the bad smell out of my Ford B-max?
Now that you know where to look to uncover the motive of this smell, we will try to help you to eliminate bad air conditioning odors on your Ford B-max, because in addition to being problematic these odors can be harmful to your airways, it is therefore necessary to get rid of them quickly.
Eliminating an unpleasant air-conditioning odor
We will now make a list of actions you can take to eliminate these air-conditioning odours on your Ford B-max:
- Even though it may appear to be evident, the dirt that builds up in your car will promote the development of germs and therefore bad odors, cleaning your Ford B-max on a regular will allow you to take off many of the origins of these.
- The best method is to clean the whole air conditioning system of your Ford B-max with antibacterial and anti-fungicidal products. To do this, please read our article which clarifies in detail the procedure to stick to.
- Replace the cabin or pollen filter of your Ford B-max: This filter which is designed to prevent impurities from getting into the cabin of your car must be replaced every year and can store bad smells, make sure you verify its condition.
Avoid musty air-conditioning odors on Ford B-max
To conclude, last part of our article on air conditioning smells on Ford B-max, we are now going to give you some recommendations to maintain your air conditioning system and avoid bad smells in your Ford B-max:
- Switch off the air conditioning 5/10 minutes before turning off the engine: In reality, constantly do this step will allow you to dry a maximum of humidity in your ventilation circuit and thus limit the humidity.
- Although it sounds basic, you don’t always have time to take care of your car, but garbage is the first thing that causes bad odors, so remember to keep your car healthy.
- To be certain that the air conditioning of your Ford B-max is always in good operating order (air conditioning compressor especially), it should be run for 10 minutes every month.
- Ensure that that there is no leak on your air conditioning is fundamental, in truth, the liquid is toxic and in addition the operation of your air conditioning would be downgraded in the case of a leak.
If you want more guides on the Ford B-max, go to our Ford B-max category.