While air conditioning in a car is one of the most preferred functionality during the summer, it can as well lead to some inconveniences. Indeed, the air conditioning in a Volkswagen Passat can have a bad smell, and today we’re going to try to help you identify why. To do this, first we will examine the motive of this bad smell of air conditioning, then, in a second time, we will try to give you answers to make them go away.
Why does the air conditioning of my Volkswagen Passat have a smell of humidity?
So we begin our content page with the origins of the bad smells originating from the air conditioning of your Volkswagen Passat . Whether you have the impression that it is a musty smell, humidity, or other, the origin of these smells is more often than not the same. Indeed, air conditioning produces a lot of humidity, which will usually tend to accumulate in the ventilation system of your Volkswagen Passat . This humidity is the ideal origin of the proliferation of bacteria and fungi of all sorts in the air conditioning of your Volkswagen Passat . Also, it is possible that smoking in your car, or not cleaning it frequently (food remains for example) will develop increase the odors. At last, the last common justification for a bad air conditioning smell in your Volkswagen Passat is that you have a refrigerant gas leak, called FREON gas, which is toxic and produces a bad smell that will disperse in the passenger compartment of your car.
What can I do to get the bad smell out of my Volkswagen Passat ?
Now that you know where to look to find the cause of this smell, we will try to help you to get rid of bad air conditioning odors on your Volkswagen Passat , because moreover to being unpleasant these odors can be harmful to your airways, it is therefore important to get rid of them quickly.
Getting rid of an unpleasant air-conditioning odor
We will now compose a list of actions you can take to get rid of these air-conditioning odours on your Volkswagen Passat :
- Nevertheless it may appear to be obvious, the dirt that amasses in your car will encourage the development of germs and therefore bad odors, cleaning your Volkswagen Passat on a regular will allow you to eradicate many of the sources of these.
- The best remedy is to clean the whole air conditioning system of your Volkswagen Passat with antibacterial and anti-fungicidal products. To do this, please seek advice from our content page which explains in detail the procedure to stick to.
- Replace the cabin or pollen filter of your Volkswagen Passat : This filter which intends to prevent impurities from entering the cabin of your car must be changed every year and can store bad smells, be sure to verify its condition.
Avoid musty air-conditioning odors on Volkswagen Passat
Finally, last part of our content page on air conditioning smells on Volkswagen Passat , we are now going to give you some suggestions to preserve your air conditioning system and avoid bad smells in your Volkswagen Passat :
- Turn off the air conditioning 5/10 minutes before turning off the engine: Indeed, always perform this step will allow you to dry a maximum of humidity in your ventilation circuit and thus limit the humidity.
- Although it sounds basic, you don’t always have time to take care of your car, but rubbish is the first thing that motives bad odors, so remember to keep your car healthy.
- To make certain that the air conditioning of your Volkswagen Passat is always in good operating order (air conditioning compressor especially), it should be run for 10 minutes every month.
- Ensure that that there is no leak on your air conditioning is important, in truth, the liquid is toxic and additionally the operation of your air conditioning would be downgraded in the case of a leak.
If you want more tutorials on the Volkswagen Passat , go to our Volkswagen Passat category.