Keeping an eye on your automobile is essential in these modern times, in fact, if you do not do the minimum maintenance of it, or if you do not take into account symptoms of abnormality, you highly risk to see your car getting in bad conditions. This is specifically the subject we are going to discuss on this webpage, one of the indications that most perturbs drivers is the ABS warning light on Mazda CX 5. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second what you can do if the ABS light is on Mazda CX 5?.
What does the ABS light on Mazda CX 5 mean?
We will start our paper with the definition of an ABS warning light on Mazda CX 5, to do this, in first, we will find out what an ABS is, and later on, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Mazda CX 5?
To begin with, it is important to demonstrate to you what the ABS of your Mazda CX 5 is utilized for so that you can understand the rest of this content page. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The objective of this system is to optimise the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Mazda CX 5 is made from several parts, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will review if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Mazda CX 5
In truth, you can quite easily experience how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the behaviour that ABS enables, it will optimise braking to the maximum by associating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Mazda CX 5
Now we go forward to the part that you are most likely more interested in, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Mazda CX 5? To begin with, it is an orange light, so if it is on it suggest that your ABS system is faulty. You should be knowledgeable that when the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should adapt your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Mazda CX 5 can alert:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a faulty relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to check it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A breakdown of one of them causes the ABS light on your Mazda CX 5 to come on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Mazda CX 5: If it is faulty it is possible that the indicator light will turn on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to run your ABS, the light will undoubtedly come on.
What if the ABS light comes on on my Mazda CX 5?
We will now go forward to the part where we will try to give you some answers to turn off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Mazda CX 5?. The answers will be contingent on the deficiencies you are enduring. To begin with, pass your Mazda CX 5 to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Mazda CX 5, don’t think twice to read our content page which explains the steps to take. Once you have located the cause of your issue, here are the steps to take to fix it and turn off the ABS light on your Mazda CX 5:
- Issue of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this situation, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to replace the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to replace both of them.
- Electrical issue: Once you’ve spotted an electrical issue with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A faulty sensor: In some cases a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to get rid of the issue, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Mazda CX 5, do not hesitate to consult our Mazda CX 5 category.