Regardless for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is very important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will undoubtedly burn out with time and consequently need to be replaced. You’re probably in this article because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Mazda CX 5, we’ve written this content to help you do it without help and not have to go to your repair shop. In a first step, we will have a look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Mazda CX 5 and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to know if the front turn signal bulb on your Mazda CX 5 is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your car you don’t constantly have the opportunity to verify all the safety components of your Mazda CX 5. In fact, you are in general in a hurry and tend to get into your car, make your journey and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is consequently crucial to take the time to in some cases verify the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Mazda CX 5, but that you didn’t notice it. Here are the two simple solutions to control if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to control that they are operational.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible signal on each car that informs you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Mazda CX 5, you will recognise that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this suggests that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and verify which one is burnt out by a visual control as on the first process shown above.
You may have another bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to read our blog posts to help you to carry out this replacement.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Mazda CX 5
Now let’s go to the most essential step of this content, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Mazda CX 5? Take note that this technique is uncomplicated, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Mazda CX 5. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated content. Nevertheless, here are the details of the steps to stick to in order to perform this action properly dependant on the technique you wish to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Mazda CX 5 through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Mazda CX 5 by the new one (make certain to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the new front turn signal bulb works.
- Lift your car, and remove the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Mazda CX 5 on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be careful with the plastic staples which can be breakable.
- Take away your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Mazda CX 5 following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Mazda CX 5 through the wheel arch:
This procedure is in particular useful when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Mazda CX 5 through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, dependant on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will point them now:
Whenever you have any further questions about the Mazda CX 5, do not hesitate to consult our Mazda CX 5 category.