Watching your automobile is fundamental in these days, in fact, if you do not do the minimum service of it, or if you do not take into account symptoms of abnormality, you strongly risk to observe your car getting in bad conditions. This is exactly the topic we are going to focus on on this webpage, one of the indications that most disturbs motorists is the ABS warning light on Chevrolet HHR. In an attempt to help you review this warning light, we will first look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second how to handle it if the ABS light is on Chevrolet HHR?.
What does the ABS light on Chevrolet HHR signify?
We will commence our content page with the meaning of an ABS warning light on Chevrolet HHR, for this, in first, we will discover what an ABS is, and soon after, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Chevrolet HHR?
To start with, it is important to demonstrate to you what the ABS of your Chevrolet HHR is intended for so that you can understand the remaining of this guideline. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The aim of this system is to lower the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Chevrolet HHR is made up of different elements, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will examine if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will manage the pressure of the pads on the discs to manage the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Chevrolet HHR
In reality, you can very easily experience how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is precisely the actions that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by linking the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of release to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Chevrolet HHR
Now we proceed to the part that you are likely more keen on, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Chevrolet HHR? To begin with, it is an orange light, so if it is on it denotes that your ABS system is defective. You should be conscious that when the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should adjust your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Chevrolet HHR can point:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to check it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A malfunction of one of them triggers the ABS light on your Chevrolet HHR to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Chevrolet HHR: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will occur and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to operate your ABS, the light will obviously turn on.
What if the ABS light comes on on my Chevrolet HHR?
We will now proceed to the part where we will try to give you some solutions to shut off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Chevrolet HHR?. The solutions will could depend on the deficiencies you are encountering. To begin with, pass your Chevrolet HHR to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Chevrolet HHR, don’t think twice to examine our guideline which explains the steps to take. Once you have determined the origin of your issue, here are the steps to take to fix it and turn off the ABS light on your Chevrolet HHR:
- Trouble of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this situation, you will have to go through a professional, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical issue: Once you’ve detected an electrical issue with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, in any other case you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: Occasionally a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to get rid of the issue, in any other case changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
To discover more tips on the Chevrolet HHR, take a look at the Chevrolet HHR category.