We will try again in this article to help you to fix the small problems associated with your motor vehicle. We have recently discovered how to unblock a fuel door, or a tank cap, in this article we will focus on an annoying problem that can be dangerous in bad climate conditions, being a victim of wiper stuck on Lexus GS . And to answer this, we will first try to figure out why the wipers on your Lexus GS remain stuck and, secondly, how to unblock them.
Why does the wiper of my Lexus GS stay stuck?
So we will begin our content page with the explanations of the stuck wipers of your Lexus GS . To begin with we will focus on the front wipers and in a second time on the rear wiper.
Why are the front wipers on my Lexus GS stuck in up or down position?
We will move through one after the other the different problems that can trigger the front wipers of your Lexus GS to get stuck :
- One of the most basic causes of front wipers getting stuck on your Lexus GS is associated with the engine that drives them, in fact, these engines can, with time, lose power, and sooner or later need to be changed. You should notice before the total blockage of your windshield wipers that they work much slower.
- Less basic, but it can still happen, is that your front wiper blades are blocked because of an object that prevents the blades from functioning, take a look up to the axis of the blades.
- If it is a lack of lubrication, you will find that your front wipers are going slower, check fairly quickly the trigger of the problems or else the engines will be forced and damaged.
- It is possible that the front wipers of your Lexus GS may not operate because of a defective comodo. To test this, you need to disconnect the output wires and connect them together, if the wipers are functioning, the comodo is responsible for the problem.
- Finally, last opportunity, the front wipers of your Lexus GS are blocked because of a power failure, so you will have to check two parts, the relay and the fuse.
Why is the rear window wiper on my Lexus GS stuck?
Concerning the stuck rear window wiper of your Lexus GS , the origins of your complications are more or less the same. Nevertheless there is just one wiper blade at the rear of your motor vehicle, there are still some dedicated parts that can trigger problems just on the rear windshield of your Lexus GS. So, make sure you execute similar investigations as discovered in the previous component of this content page.
What can I do to unlock the wiper on my Lexus GS?
At last, for this second part, we will see what solutions are available to you to make sure that the wipers on your Lexus GS are unlocked and that they operate properly again.
How to unlock the wipers of my Lexus GS?
Whether it is for the front windshield wipers or the rear windshield wiper, the solutions will be similar and we will detail them one by one in this component, it is up to you to adapt them to the component that concerns you. If you have other blocking problems such as a fuel door stuck on Lexus GS, do not think twice to seek advice from our article on this problem.
- In such a case, you will have to locate the engine, then disconnect the power cables of this one (be cautious there must be some of them associated with the different speeds of sweeping), then take out the brushes and the linkage. At last, you will have to unscrew these anchoring points which are generally fixed on silentblocks and reassemble a new wiper motor on your Lexus GS
- In this situation, it will be quite very easy but expensive to change your commodo, the component generally costs around 200€, once tested you will have the ability to disassemble your commodo by removing the cover from the back of the steering wheel then disconnecting it and removing it with the fixing screws, you will just have to reassemble the new one.
- Lexus GS wiper blocked because of a power failure: In this last situation, you will have to locate the source of the failure (fuse or relay) and replace the defective component
To find more tips on the Lexus GS, take a look at the Lexus GS category.