We will try again today to help you to resolve the small complications associated with your car. We have recently discovered how to unblock a fuel door, or a tank cap, today we will concentrate on an annoying problem that can be dangerous in bad weather conditions, being a victim of wiper stuck on Ford Fiesta . And to correct this, we will first try to discover why the wipers on your Ford Fiesta remain stuck and, secondly, how to unblock them.
Why does the wiper of my Ford Fiesta stay stuck?
So we will begin our content page with the reasons of the stuck wipers of your Ford Fiesta . First of all we will concentrate on the front wipers and in a second time on the rear wiper.
Why are the front wipers on my Ford Fiesta stuck in up or down position?
We will proceed through one by one the different complications that can cause the front wipers of your Ford Fiesta to get stuck :
- One of the most basic causes of front wipers getting stuck on your Ford Fiesta is associated with the engine that drives them, in reality, these engines can, over time, lose power, and sooner or later need to be changed. You should find out before the total blockage of your windshield wipers that they work much slower.
- Less basic, but it can still happen, is that your front wiper blades are blocked because of an object that prevents the blades from working, take a look up to the axis of the blades.
- If it is a lack of lubrication, you will find that your front wipers are going slower, check quickly the trigger of the trouble or else the engines will be forced and damaged.
- It is possible that the front wipers of your Ford Fiesta may not operate because of a faulty comodo. To test this, you need to disconnect the output wires and connect them together, if the wipers are working, the comodo is responsible for the problem.
- Finally, last opportunity, the front wipers of your Ford Fiesta are blocked because of a power failure, so you will have to check two auto parts, the relay and the fuse.
Why is the rear window wiper on my Ford Fiesta stuck?
Concerning the stuck rear window wiper of your Ford Fiesta , the roots of your problems are more or less the same. Although there is just one wiper blade at the rear of your car, there are still some dedicated auto parts that can cause complications just on the rear windshield of your Ford Fiesta. So, make sure you perform similar inspections as discovered in the previous component of this content page.
What can I do to unlock the wiper on my Ford Fiesta?
Finally, to do this second part, we will see what solutions are available to you to ensure that the wipers on your Ford Fiesta are unlocked and that they operate effectively again.
How to unlock the wipers of my Ford Fiesta?
Whether it is for the front windshield wipers or the rear windshield wiper, the solutions will be similar and we will outline them one after the other in this component, it is up to you to adapt them to the component that concerns you. If you have other blocking complications such as a fuel door stuck on Ford Fiesta, do not think twice to seek advice from our article on this problem.
- In this case, you will have to find the engine, then disconnect the power cables of this one (be cautious there must be some of them associated with the different speeds of sweeping), then take out the brushes and the linkage. Finally, you will have to unscrew these anchoring points which are generally fixed on silentblocks and reassemble a new wiper motor on your Ford Fiesta
- In this situation, it will be quite simple but expensive to change your commodo, the component generally costs around 200€, once tested you will be able to disassemble your commodo by removing the cover from the back of the steering wheel then disconnecting it and removing it with the fixing screws, you will just have to reassemble the new one.
- Ford Fiesta wiper blocked due to a power failure: In this last situation, you will have to find the origin of the failure (fuse or relay) and replace the faulty component
If you wish more guides on the Ford Fiesta, go to our Ford Fiesta category.