We will try again today to help you to solve the small complications related to your car. We have not too long ago seen how to unblock a fuel door, or a tank cap, today we will look into an irritating issue that can be dangerous in bad weather conditions, being a victim of wiper stuck on Dodge Caliber . And to remedy this, we will first try to understand why the wipers on your Dodge Caliber remain stuck and, secondly, how to unblock them.
Why does the wiper of my Dodge Caliber stay stuck?
So we will start our content with the explanations of the stuck wipers of your Dodge Caliber . To begin with we will look into the front wipers and in a second time on the rear wiper.
Why are the front wipers on my Dodge Caliber stuck in up or down position?
We will go through one by one the different complications that can bring about the front wipers of your Dodge Caliber to get stuck :
- One of the most basic causes of front wipers getting stuck on your Dodge Caliber is related to the engine that drives them, in fact, these engines can, with time, lose power, and ultimately need to be changed. You should find out before the total blockage of your windshield wipers that they work much slower.
- Less basic, but it can still happen, is that your front wiper blades are blocked due to an object that prevents the blades from working, take a look up to the axis of the blades.
- If it is a lack of lubrication, you will find that your front wipers are going slower, check fairly quickly the cause of the trouble or else the engines will be forced and damaged.
- It is possible that the front wipers of your Dodge Caliber may not operate due to a faulty comodo. To test this, you need to disconnect the output wires and connect them together, if the wipers are working, the comodo is to blame for the problem.
- Finally, last possibility, the front wipers of your Dodge Caliber are blocked due to a power failure, so you will have to check two parts, the relay and the fuse.
Why is the rear window wiper on my Dodge Caliber stuck?
Concerning the stuck rear window wiper of your Dodge Caliber , the roots of your problems are more or less the same. Although there is just one wiper blade at the rear of your car, there are still some dedicated parts that can bring about complications just on the rear windshield of your Dodge Caliber. So, make sure you perform the same investigations as seen in the previous part of this content.
What can I do to unlock the wiper on my Dodge Caliber?
At last, for this second section, we will see what solutions are available to you to ensure that the wipers on your Dodge Caliber are unlocked and that they operate properly again.
How to unlock the wipers of my Dodge Caliber?
Whether it is for the front windshield wipers or the rear windshield wiper, the solutions will be the same and we will highlight them one after the other in this part, it is up to you to adapt them to the part that concerns you. If you have other blocking complications such as a fuel door stuck on Dodge Caliber, do not hesitate to consult our article on this issue.
- In such a case, you will have to locate the engine, then disconnect the power cables of this one (be careful there must be several of them related to the different speeds of sweeping), then remove the brushes and the linkage. At last, you will have to unscrew these anchoring points which are generally fixed on silentblocks and reassemble a new wiper motor on your Dodge Caliber
- In this situation, it will be quite simple but expensive to replace your commodo, the part generally costs around 200€, once tested you will have the ability to disassemble your commodo by removing the cover from the back of the steering wheel then disconnecting it and removing it with the fixing screws, you will just have to reassemble the new one.
- Dodge Caliber wiper blocked due to a power failure: In this last situation, you will have to locate the origin of the failure (fuse or relay) and replace the faulty part
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Dodge Caliber, do not hesitate to consult our Dodge Caliber category.