More and more drivers are trying to take care of their cars on their own. This results in substantial cost savings because contemporary cars necessitate more and more routine service and are made up of more and more technical components that result in new breakdowns or inconveniences. One of the problems that disturbs more and more Dodge Caliber owners is a clogged air flow meter, which will end in a loss of power and black exhaust fumes. In this article we are going to take a look at how to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Dodge Caliber? . First, we will describe how your mass airflow sensor works and its value, second, why it might be important to clean this sensor , and finally, how to clean the mass air flow sensor of a Dodge Caliber .
Utility and action of the mass air flow meter of a Dodge Caliber
So we begin our article with the operation and intent of your Dodge Caliber flowmeter.
The aim of the mass air flow sensor on Dodge Caliber
The mass air flow sensor is a part that has been created quite lately and specifically supplied on diesel models. In actual fact, with injection engines, the fuel and air intake has become very precise and it is therefore essential for the ECU to know the exact volume of air loaded into the engine to adapt the behaviour of complementary intake parts such as the injection or the EGR valve, if you have problems with the EGR valve on your Dodge Caliber, do not think twice to seek advice from our article on this subject.
Mass air flow sensor operation on Dodge Caliber
Now, we are going to look at how it works, before trying to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Dodge Caliber , you must already understand how it works to do this routine service action properly.
The mass air flow sensor is consequently specifically there to collect info on the air intake of your motor vehicle. To get this done, it must be set up just after the air intake of your Dodge Caliber, i. e. just after the air filter. It is a pipe supplied with a sensor that will analyze the air in the intake and transmit the info to the ECU of your car.
Why clean the mass air flow sensor of a Dodge Caliber?
The mass air flow sensor of your Dodge Caliber can have problems and this is what we will try to discover and figure out what problems you might be facing!
Mass air flow sensor problems Dodge Caliber
Here are the different problems that the air flow sensor of your Dodge Caliber can trigger:
- higher fuel consumption: Because a dirty flow meter will actually result in excessive fuel consumption because of poor air flow…
- Power loss: Linked to the same issue, this lack of air can trigger a loss of power to your engine.
- Difficulties starting the automobile: Finally, one of the last classic problems linked to a dirty flowmeter will be that your Dodge Caliber will have more troubles to begin the car.
How do I clean the mass air flow sensor from a Dodge Caliber?
After reviewing the operation and problems that the flowmeter can trigger, we will look at how to fix these problems by showing to you how to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Dodge Caliber . You should know that this operation is quite very easy to perform and you will not need advanced mechanical abilities to do it yourself, a good method to avoid a trip to the mechanic and a steep bill. Discover down below the different steps to stick to to perform this routine service act:
- After having found the mass air flow sensor of your Dodge Caliber , you will have to dismantle it. To get this done, action delicately, but you will just have to disassemble it on both sides of the air duct and disconnect the electrical plug on top of it.
- Once taken apart, you will have the ability to move forward to the step cleaning the mass air flow sensor of your Dodge Caliber . This sensor will, over time, get dirty and its two “filaments” that will give information to your computer on the quality and temperature of the air will no longer have the ability to collect data properly, it is in this sense that it will affect the operation of the engine of your Dodge Caliber. The aim of this cleaning will be to remove all its impure substances to enable it to work efficiently again.
- Let soak the lower section of your mass air flow sensor (not the plug part) in acetone or another solvent for a few minutes , which will remove most of the grime
- Now we’ll proceed to the very gentle cleaning of the flow meter filaments. You have to be very watchful, in any other case your mass air flow sensor will be permanently damaged. With the help of a fine brush and solvent, delicately clean the two filaments of your mass air flow sensor . If you are too afraid of damaging it, you can also clean them with a brake fluid in the form of an aerosol by spraying the jet on these filaments.
Now you know how to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Dodge Caliber , you should feel a noticeable difference in the behavior of your engine.
To find more tips on the Dodge Caliber, take a look at the Dodge Caliber category.