Modern vehicles are more and more built with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we sadly also undergo the down sides. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Jeep Liberty, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to solve your fuse problems and specifically to find the car radio fuse on your Jeep Liberty. To get this done, first, we will find out in which situations it may be important to change the car radio fuse of your Jeep Liberty, then where is the car radio fuse of your Jeep Liberty .
Why change the car radio fuse on Jeep Liberty?
So let’s start our article on the location of the car radio fuse of your Jeep Liberty by the interest of changing it. You might feel like your fuse is blown but you’re not sure. It is necessary to know that a fuse functions as a security device to prevent overvoltage on your Jeep Liberty . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and check that the filament is still intact. Generally speaking, you will want to change the fuse of the car radio of a Jeep Liberty when it will no longer work for no apparent explanation . If your battery is working properly, it may be the fuse that is causing your problem.
Where is the head unit fuse on Jeep Liberty?
We will now search for the fuse in the head unit of your Jeep Liberty . The fuse is generally a 15 amp fuse, blue in color. However, depending on the sort of car radio you have it can be in two different places. It is generally connected to the 12-volt sockets on your centre console. We will find out the two places where the fuse of the car radio of your Jeep Liberty can be discovered.
Setting the fuse of the original car radio to Jeep Liberty
If you still have the original head unit on your Jeep Liberty, your fuse should be in the interior fuse box of your vehicle . It should be behind a plastic cover near your driver’s seat. Please consult your vehicle owners manual if you can’t find it. Here are the steps to follow for the rest of the procedure:
- Browse the owners manual on the fuse box cover to find the fuse of the car radio of your Jeep Liberty , it should be noted as “radio” or “sound system”
- Take out the car radio fuse attentively and verify its status.
- If it is faulty, replace it with a new fuse , in any other case take your vehicle to your auto technician so that he can have a closer look at the trigger of your problem.
- After you change the car radio fuse, reassemble and test your car radio.
Fuse replacement on a head unit of a different make on Jeep Liberty
At last, we’ll find out the case of a car radio bought in the shops, and how to find the fuse of the car radio on Jeep Liberty in this situation . Here are the different steps you have to follow to access this fuse:
- Take out the car radio from your Jeep Liberty , usually you’ll have to use a punch to unlock the brackets on all four corners of the radio.
- At the rear of the car radio of your Jeep Liberty, you should see on the power supply wires a single black fuse box, open it, it is in it that you will find the fuse of the car radio of your Jeep Liberty
- It’s a clear glass fuse, so now you’ll have the ability to change the fuse on your Jeep Liberty
You now know how to find your car radio fuse , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Jeep Liberty, or the horn fuse, don’t hesitate to consult our web content dedicated to these fuses.
To discover more tips on the Jeep Liberty, take a look at the Jeep Liberty category.