Modern cars are more and more built with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we sadly as well suffer the disadvantages. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Jeep Grand Cherokee, let alone going near the fuses on it. Sadly, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some options like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will inevitably effect the comfort of your vehicle. In this article, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and specifically to discover the turn signal fuse on your Jeep Grand Cherokee. To do this, first, we will discover in which situations it may be relevant to change the turn indicator fuse on your Jeep Grand Cherokee, then where is the turn signal fuse on Jeep Grand Cherokee .
Why change blinker fuses on Jeep Grand Cherokee?
So let’s start our article on the location of theblinker fuse of your Jeep Grand Cherokee by the interest of changing it. You might feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In actual fact, if your turn signal does not work on Jeep Grand Cherokee anymore, if you have already check that the bulb isn’t blown, it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. You should note that a fuse acts as a security unit to prevent overvoltage on your Jeep Grand Cherokee . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a basic visual check. In general, you will want to change the turn signal fuse of a Jeep Grand Cherokee when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent cause .
Where is the turn signal fuse on Jeep Grand Cherokee?
We will now look for where the blinker fuse on your Jeep Grand Cherokee is. The turn indicators are linked to some electronic elements and there may be some fuses linked to it on your car based on the year and options it has. On the other hand, furthermore to the fuses, there is as well a relay that manages the correct operation of your air conditioning. We will one by one help you discover the fuse and turn signal relay on your Jeep Grand Cherokee .
Replacement of the internal turning indicator fuses of your Jeep Grand Cherokee
We will first concentrate on the internal fuses of your Jeep Grand Cherokee’s turn signs. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t discover it, take note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact position thanks to the manual of your Jeep Grand Cherokee.
- Browse the manual on the cover of the fuse box to discover the turn signal fuse(s) of your Jeep Grand Cherokee , check all the fuses with the word “lights” in their names.
- Remove the turn signal fuse(s) attentively with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If one of them breaks down, replace it with a new fuse. As a last solution, you can take your vehicle to your auto technician so that he can take a closer look at the trigger of your problem.
- After you change the turn indicator fuse in your car, reassemble and test your lights.
Replacement of the turn signal fuse relay of your Jeep Grand Cherokee
Finally, we will now discover how to check the status of the blinker relay in your car. To do this, you will need to go to your engine unit compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Jeep Grand Cherokee, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cover for the position of the turn signal relay, or check your instruction manual if you can’t find it. This is generally the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your turning lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to find the turn signal fuse of your car , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Jeep Grand Cherokee, or the horn fuse, do not hesitate to seek advice from our web content dedicated to these fuses.
If you want more tutorials on the Jeep Grand Cherokee, go to our Jeep Grand Cherokee category.