Contemporary cars are more and more fitted with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we regrettably also suffer the disadvantages. Most people are not convenient with anything electrical on our Jeep Grand Cherokee, even morehandling the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to fix your fuse problems and especially to find the fuse of the horn on your Jeep Grand Cherokee. To get this done, first, we will find out in which situations it can be important to replace the fuse of the horn of your Jeep Grand Cherokee, then where is the fuse of the horn of your Jeep Grand Cherokee .
Why replace the horn fuse to Jeep Grand Cherokee?
So let’s start our article on the location of the horn fuse of your Jeep Grand Cherokee by the interest of changing it. You might have the feeling that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you can no longer use your car horn, it is extremely possible that the fuse is the trigger. It is necessary to know that a fuse acts as a safety device to avoid overvoltage on your Jeep Grand Cherokee . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and verify that the filament is still intact with a simple visual control. In general, one will want to replace the fuse of the horn of a Jeep Grand Cherokee when it will no longer work for no apparent explanation . If your battery is functioning effectively, it might be the fuse that is leading to your issue.
Where is the horn fuse on Jeep Grand Cherokee?
We will now look for the location of the horn fuse on your Jeep Grand Cherokee . The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. However, there is a fuse and a relay that controls the correct operation of your horn. We will take it in turns to help you find the fuse for your Jeep Grand Cherokee horn.
Change the fuse inside the horn of your Jeep Grand Cherokee
We will first look into the inner fuse of the horn of your Jeep Grand Cherokee. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t find it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact location thanks to the instruction manual of your Jeep Grand Cherokee.
- Read the instruction manual on the cover of the fuse box to find the fuse of the horn of your Jeep Grand Cherokee , it should be noted as “horn”.
- Remove the fuse from the horn carefully with pliers and check the condition of the filament.
- If it’s defective, replace it with a new fuse, otherwise skip to the last part of this article and verify your horn. As a last solution, you can take your vehicle to your auto mechanic so that he can take a closer look at the trigger of your issue.
- After you replace the fuse on your car horn, reassemble and test your horn.
Changing the horn fuse relay on your Jeep Grand Cherokee
Finally, we will now find out how to verify the status of the horn relay in your car. To get this done, you will need to go to your engine unit compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Jeep Grand Cherokee, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cache for the location of the horn relay, or your user manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your horn, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to find the fuse of your car horn , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Jeep Grand Cherokee, or the car radio fuse Jeep Grand Cherokee, do not hesitate to seek advice from our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you have any additional questions about the Jeep Grand Cherokee, do not hesitate to consult our Jeep Grand Cherokee category.