Modern cars are progressively more equipped with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we however also undergo the down sides. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our BMW 3 Series, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to solve your fuse problems and specifically to discover the fuse of the parking lights on your BMW 3 Series. To achieve this, first, we will see in which situations it can be correct to change the fuse of the parking lights of your BMW 3 Series, then where is the fuse of the parking lights of your BMW 3 Series .
Why change the parking light fuse on BMW 3 Series?
So let’s start our guideline on the location of the parking light fuse of your BMW 3 Series by the benefit of changing it. You may have the impression that your fuse is blown but you are not sure. If you can no longer use your car’s night lights, it is very possible that the fuse is the cause. It is important to know that a fuse works as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your BMW 3 Series . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and examine that the filament is still intact with a very easy visual verify. Generally, one will want to change the fuse of the parking lights of a BMW 3 Series when they don’t function anymore without reason . If your battery is working effectively, it might be the fuse that is causing your problem.
Where is the fuse for the parking lights on BMW 3 Series?
We will now try to find the fuse for the parking-lights in your BMW 3 Series. The fuse is generally a 15 amp blue fuse. Nevertheless, there is a fuse and a relay that controls the proper procedure of your parking lights. We will take it in turns to help you to discover the fuse for the parking lights of your BMW 3 Series .
Replacement of the inner fuse of the parking lights of your BMW 3 Series
We will first focus on the inner fuse of your BMW 3 Series’s parking lights. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your motor vehicle . If you can’t discover it, know that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact position thanks to the instructions of your BMW 3 Series.
- Go through the instructions on the cover of the fuse box to discover the parking light fuse of your BMW 3 Series , it should be noted under the name “parking lights” .
- Take out the fuse cautiously with pliers and verify the condition of the filament.
- If it is faulty, change it with a new fuse, in any other case go to the last section of this guideline and verify the power supply to your parking lights. As a last remedy, you can take your car to your auto mechanic so that he can take a closer check out the cause of your problem.
- After you change your car’s parking-light fuse, reassemble it and test your lights.
Replacing the relay fuse of the parking-light fuse of your BMW 3 Series
Finally, we will now check out how to verify the status of your car’s parking-light relay. To achieve this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your BMW 3 Series, it’s near your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cache for the position of the parking light relay, or your instruction manual if you can’t find it.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your parking lights, or change it with a new one
You now know how to discover the fuse of the night lights of your motor vehicle , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on BMW 3 Series, or the car radio fuse, do not think twice to consult our web content dedicated to these fuses.
If you want more guides on the BMW 3 Series, go to our BMW 3 Series category.