Keeping an eye on your car is very important in the present day, in fact, if you do not do the minimum routine service of it, or if you do not take into consideration signs of unusualness, you strongly risk to discover your car withering away. This is precisely the matter we are going to focus on on this webpage, one of the signs that most interferes with drivers is the seat belt indicator light on BMW 3 Series . In an effort to help you analyze this warning light, first we will discover what this belt warning light on BMW 3 Series means, then in a second how to proceed if the seat belt warning light stays on and beeps on BMW 3 Series? .
Seat belt indicator light on BMW 3 Series
So we commence with the content about the safety belt light on BMW 3 Series . This or these lights, depending on the series of your motor vehicle, you may just have one or one per seat, will have the task of alerting the driver and reminding people to fasten their seat belts . It will switch on when the ignition of your BMW 3 Series is turned on. It can be coupled with presence sensor , which thanks to a weight sensor will have the ability to detect the presence or not of a passenger on the seats. Please be aware that you are obliged by the Highway Code, as well as your passengers, to wear seatbelts in any moving vehicle, it is for your safety, so this warning light is a good way to avoid putting yourself in danger. This seat belt warning light can be coordinated with a beeper , to be certain you are conscious of the omission.
Why does the seat belt light come on at BMW 3 Series?
We will now proceed to the abnormal factors for the belt light to switch on BMW 3 Series . In time, it should just be lighted if a passenger sitting in a seat has not fastened his belt, here is a list of the different problems you may have with your belt indicator:
- The seat belt indicator lights up unexpectedly with or without the buzzer alarm while the seat belts are effectively fastened while you are driving in your BMW 3 Series, in such a case it is possible that the buckle sensor is defective
- The BMW 3 Series belt warning light is lighted on an empty seat: In such a case, it is most likely that the presence sensor is faulty.
- The seat belt indicator light stays on and there’s no audible alarm: It could be the light or the fuse that’s the problem if all the belts in the occupied seats are effectively locked.
What if the seat belt light wont come off on BMW 3 Series?
Now that we have the complications that you may have with your seat belt light that stays on your BMW 3 Series , we will try to give you the solutions that you can fix it and turn off the belt light on the dashboard of your BMW 3 Series .
- Presence sensor problem: : In the event you have been able to identify that your light issue is due to a presence sensor, you will need to check that there is no weight on your seats, as often a simple shopping bag can bring about the sensor and come on the belt light on your BMW 3 Series. If you don’t have anything on your seats and your sensors are faulty, you will have to go to a repair shop to have it changed by a new one, the sensors generally cost between 50 and 100 euros. between 50 and 100 euros.
- Belt Buckle Sensor Problem: If the belt buckle sensor is not operating correctly, you should have the indicator light illuminated inopportunely. Try to move it to discover if something is blocking it, otherwise you will have to change it, you can locate some in motor vehicle breakage, otherwise you will have to count 100aine of euros .
- Finally, if the light is causing your complications, you’ll need to check out your BMW 3 Series’s interior fuse box.
If you want more tutorials on the BMW 3 Series, go to our BMW 3 Series category.