Taking care of your vehicle is fundamental in these modern times, in truth, if you do not do the minimum routine service of it, or if you do not take into account signals of unusualness, you firmly risk to discover your car withering away. This is precisely the matter we are going to speak about in this article, one of the symptoms that most disturbs car owners is the seat belt indicator light on Volvo S90 . In an effort to help you analyze this warning light, first we will discover what this belt warning light on Volvo S90 corresponds to, then in a second how to handle it if the seat belt warning light stays on and beeps on Volvo S90? .
Seat belt indicator light on Volvo S90
So we commence with the article about the safety belt light on Volvo S90 . This or these lights, according to the series of your car, you may only have one or one per seat, will have the function of notifying the driver and reminding passengers to fasten their seat belts . It will activate when the ignition of your Volvo S90 is turned on. It can be combined with presence sensor , which thanks to a weight sensor will be able to sense the presence or not of a passenger on the seats. Please take note that you are obliged by the Highway Code, as well as your passengers, to wear seatbelts in any moving car, it is for your safety, so this warning light is a good technique to avoid putting yourself in danger. This seat belt warning light can be coupled with a beeper , to be certain you are advised of the omission.
Why does the seat belt light turn on at Volvo S90?
We will now proceed to the abnormal reasons for the belt light to switch on Volvo S90 . In normal operation , it should only be lighted if a passenger sitting in a seat has not fastened his belt, here is a list of the different problems you may have with your belt indicator:
- The seat belt indicator lights up unintentionally with or without the buzzer alarm while the seat belts are properly fastened while you are driving in your Volvo S90, in this case it is possible that the buckle sensor is faulty
- The Volvo S90 belt warning light is lighted on an empty seat: In this instance, it is very likely that the presence sensor is defective.
- The seat belt indicator light stays on and there’s no audible alarm: It could be the light or the fuse that’s the issue if all the belts in the occupied seats are properly locked.
What if the seat belt light wont come off on Volvo S90?
Now that we have the complications that you may have with your seat belt light that stays on your Volvo S90 , we will try to give you the solutions that you can solve it and turn off the belt light on the dashboard of your Volvo S90 .
- Presence sensor issue: : In case you have been capable to determine that your light issue is brought on by a presence sensor, you will need to verify that there is no weight on your seats, as often a simple shopping bag can cause the sensor and light up the belt light on your Volvo S90. If you don’t have anything on your seats and your sensors are defective, you will have to go to a auto mechanic to have it replaced by a new one, the sensors generally cost between 50 and 100 euros. between 50 and 100 euros.
- Belt Buckle Sensor Problem: If the belt buckle sensor is not working effectively, you should have the indicator light illuminated inopportunely. Try to move it to discover if something is blocking it, otherwise you will have to replace it, you can find some in car breakage, otherwise you will have to count 100aine of euros .
- Finally, if the light is producing your complications, you’ll need to take a look at your Volvo S90’s interior fuse box.
If you wish more guides on the Volvo S90, go to our Volvo S90 category.