Looking after your automobile is essential, if it is to enjoy a pleasant drive, to sell it at a fair price, or to avoid huge unforeseen expenses. Some of these routine service works are unavoidable, such as brake maintenance, and we’ll just discover what price to replace the brake discs of a Ford Transit . Even if it is difficult to give you an exact price, we will first describe the role of the brake discs of a motor vehicle, then an estimate of the price of changing the brake discs of your Ford Transit, and at last, why and when to change its discs.
Role of the brake discs of a Ford Transit
Before we discover the cost of changing the brake discs on your Ford Transit, we will describe what their function is. They are an integral component of your braking system and ensure your safety on the road. This braking component is a consumable, this component will have to be changed according to the use you have of your Ford Transit. There are two distinct braking systems, the drum brakes which will be a kind of circles inside which pads will be pressed on the walls to slow down the automobile, often equipped on old vehicles or on the rear wheels because they have less braking power. The discs, as their name implies, are like thick metal discs that will be pinched by the brake pads to stop your Ford Transit . Over time and friction the thickness of the discs will reduce and they will become less powerful.
Price for changing the brake discs of a Ford Transit
We’ll now proceed to the component you’re likely most enthusiastic about. How much does it cost to change the brake discs on a Ford Transit? It is necessary to know that the brake discs are sold in pairs, generally speaking your motor vehicle will be equipped with them at the front, and not always at the rear. As 70% of the braking power of a car is concentrated on the front of the motor vehicle it is essential to have them in good working order. We are going to illustrate the different possibilities available to you to change the brake discs of your Ford Transit and the different prices of these solutions , here they are:
- The first solution is necessarily the most costly, if you have already had to deal with a garage of the brand of your Ford Transit you should know that the services are constantly substantially more costly. We guarantee you an expertise which is not constantly there and which no matter the reason is not necessary for many services such as changing the brake disc. However, changing the brake discs of your Ford Transit at the manufacturer will cost you between 250 and 350 euros based on the finish of your motor vehicle.
- To pass by a motor vehicle center or an independent garage is a solution more and more appreciated by the motor vehicle owners, for some they enable to keep the guarantee of your Ford Transit although minimizing the bill. It is expected that changing the brake discs of a Ford Transit in this type of garage amounts to around 150 to 250 euros.
- Finally, it is possible to change your brake discs on your own , with some experience the procedure is not very complex and you will locate courses on the net. For this, you only have to buy the component. If you buy it in a store you will get it for 50/60 euros and 30/4 if you buy it online.
Why and when to change the brake discs on his Ford Transit?
As we mentioned in the introduction, the brake discs on your Ford Transit are wear parts. It is expected that the brake discs have a lifetime of 80, 000 to 110, 000 km based on the use you will have (highway or city for example). Finally, certain signals can warn you to the need to change the brake discs on your Ford Transit:
- Strong squeaking noises during braking, make sure to check the level of brake fluid in your Ford Transit, do not hesitate to consult our content page on this subject.
- Heavy vibration in the brake pedal when you brake.
- Major scratches or stains on your brake discs
To get more tips on the Ford Transit, take a look at the Ford Transit category.