Looking after your automobile is important, whether it is to enjoy a pleasant drive, to sell it at a fair price, or to avoid huge unforeseen expenses. Some of these maintenance acts are inevitable, such as brake service, and we’ll just find out what price to replace the brake discs of a Chrysler Pacifica . Even if it is difficult to give you an exact price, we will first explain the purpose of the brake discs of a car, then an estimate of the price of changing the brake discs of your Chrysler Pacifica, and finally, why and when to change its discs.
Purpose of the brake discs of a Chrysler Pacifica
Before we find out the cost of changing the brake discs on your Chrysler Pacifica, we will explain what their role is. They are an integral part of your braking system and make sure your safety on the road. This braking component is a consumable, this part will have to be changed depending to the use you have of your Chrysler Pacifica. There are two different braking systems, the drum brakes which will be a sort of circles inside which pads will be pressed on the walls to slow down the automobile, very often equipped on old automobiles or on the rear wheels because they have less braking power. The discs, as their name signifies, are like thick metal discs that will be pinched by the brake pads to stop your Chrysler Pacifica . Over time and friction the thickness of the discs will reduce and they will become less efficient.
Price for changing the brake discs of a Chrysler Pacifica
We’ll now move on to the part you’re almost certainly most enthusiastic about. How much does it cost to change the brake discs on a Chrysler Pacifica? It is important to know that the brake discs are sold in pairs, generally speaking your car will be equipped with them at the front, and not always at the rear. As 70% of the braking power of a motor vehicle is focused on the front of the car it is important to have them in good functioning conditions. We are going to summarize the different possibilities available to you to change the brake discs of your Chrysler Pacifica and the different prices of these solutions , here they are:
- The first solution is necessarily the priciest, if you have already had to deal with a garage area of the brand of your Chrysler Pacifica you should know that the services are always substantially more expensive. We assure you an expertise which is not always there and which no matter the reason is not required for many services such as changing the brake disc. However, changing the brake discs of your Chrysler Pacifica at the manufacturer will cost you between 250 and 350 euros depending on the finish of your car.
- To pass by a car center or an independent garage area is a remedy more and more appreciated by the car owners, for some they allow to keep the guarantee of your Chrysler Pacifica although lowering the bill. It is expected that changing the brake discs of a Chrysler Pacifica in this type of garage amounts to around 150 to 250 euros.
- Finally, it is possible to change your brake discs by yourself , with some know-how the procedure is not very difficult and you will locate tutorials on the internet. For this, you only have to buy the part. If you buy it in a store you will get it for 50/60 euros and 30/4 if you buy it online.
Why and when to change the brake discs on his Chrysler Pacifica?
As we mentioned in the introduction, the brake discs on your Chrysler Pacifica are wear parts. It is expected that the brake discs have a lifetime of 80, 000 to 110, 000 km depending on the use you will have (highway or city for example). Finally, certain signals can inform you to the need to change the brake discs on your Chrysler Pacifica:
- Strong squeaking noises during braking, remember to check the level of brake fluid in your Chrysler Pacifica, do not think twice to seek advice from our article on this subject.
- Heavy vibration in the brake pedal when you brake.
- Major scratches or stains on your brake discs
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Chrysler Pacifica, do not hesitate to consult our Chrysler Pacifica category.