With the democratization of new technologies, the intensive use of smartphones, 24-hour internet connection and internet sites, it was obvious that cars would adhere to the direction. And after the era of the DVD car radio that could be built in to the Mazda MX 5 Miata, for a few years now many cars have been built with touch screens. Although this gives a certain comfort, with technology comes also the problems. In this article we’re going to try to help you solve a touch screen issue that doesn’t work on Mazda MX 5 Miata anymore. To do this, to begin with, we’re going to find out the pros of having a touch screen in your car, then the various touch screen problems on Mazda MX 5 Miata , and finally how to resolve them.
Benefits of a touch screen on Mazda MX 5 Miata
Before we can find out why the touch screen of your Mazda MX 5 Miata no longer functions, we will first find out all the positive aspects that this equipment will bring you. We will just concentrate on the native touch screens, those integrated by the manufacturer and not those bought in car centers. Here is a list of the positive aspects and interesting features of a touch screen integrated in your car:
- The capacity to watch multimedia content on your screen.
- The ability to stick to a GPS track with a screen of a sizeable size.
- Gain access to to many setting options on his car because of the operating system integrated in the screen
- Synchronize your smartphone and consequently receive calls.
- Ease of use of the touchscreen as contrary to the buttons and knobs previously used
Mazda MX 5 Miata Touch Screen Problems
We will now proceed to the section you are most interested in knowing why the touch screen of my Mazda MX 5 Miata no longer works? To get this done, we tried to identify all the problems that exist on the touch screens of your car. There aren’t 50 different problems, but that said, on this website are the most important ones you might be going through:
- The touch screen on my Mazda MX 5 Miata doesn’t turn on anymore: This is one of the most common cases on a car with a screen, in many instances it’s a power supply issue, go to the next section to get the solution to this issue
- The touch screen of my car doesn’t respond anymore: If your screen gets stuck on a page and it doesn’t respond anymore it’s probably a bug in the operating system of your screen.
- The touch screen of my Mazda MX 5 Miata turns on and off for no explanation: In this case you are certainly a victim of a short circuit.
How to fix touch screen Mazda MX 5 Miata
After seeing why the touch screen of your Mazda MX 5 Miata is no longer working , we will try to give you the solutions to each of the problems you may encounter. Below are the solutions to each of the most important touch screen problems:
- The touch screen doesn’t turn on at all: In this case, you will have to look at the power supply side of the touch screen, most of the time it will be a blown fuse, so verify the status of the fuse.
- The touch screen is frozen: In that circumstance, as we said before, it’s probably a bug you’re experiencing, you’ll have to try to unplug/replug the fuses, to restart the screen . If this doesn’t work, you may have a issue with the version of the screen’s operating system, remember to contact your dealer. If it’s just your GPS that’s bugging, you can update the GPS of your Mazda MX 5 Miata by following this tuto.
- The touch screen of your Mazda MX 5 Miata switches on and off for no explanation: In this scenario it is highly likely that you are the victim of a short circuit. Verify the state of your fuses and connectors, if you can’t find anything, take your car to a car electrician who can fix the issue.
If you wish more guides on the Mazda MX 5 Miata, go to our Mazda MX 5 Miata category.