With the democratization of new technologies, the intensive use of smartphones, 24-hour internet connection and social networks, it was obvious that cars would stick to the movement. And after the era of the DVD car radio that could be added to the Mini Countryman, for a few years now many cars have been pre-loaded with touch screens. Nevertheless this gives a certain comfort, with technology comes also the problems. In this article we’re going to try to help you resolve a touch screen issue that doesn’t work on Mini Countryman anymore. To get this done, to begin with, we’re going to discover the pros of having a touch screen in your car, then the various touch screen problems on Mini Countryman , and finally how to resolve them.
Benefits of a touch screen on Mini Countryman
Before we can find out why the touch screen of your Mini Countryman no longer functions, we will first discover all the positive points that this equipment will bring you. We will only concentrate on the native touch screens, those integrated by the producer and not those bought in car centers. Here is a list of the advantages and interesting features of a touch screen integrated in your car:
- The opportunity to watch multimedia content on your screen.
- The capacity to stick to a GPS track with a screen of a sizeable size.
- Gain access to to many setting options on his car because of the operating system included in the screen
- Synchronize your smartphone and consequently receive calls.
- Ease of use of the touchscreen as compared to the buttons and knobs previously used
Mini Countryman Touch Screen Problems
We will now proceed to the section you are most interested in knowing why the touch screen of my Mini Countryman no longer works? To get this done, we tried to determine all the problems that exist on the touch screens of your car. There aren’t 50 different problems, but that said, here are the main ones you may be going through:
- The touch screen on my Mini Countryman doesn’t turn on anymore: This is one of the most common situations on a car with a screen, in most cases it’s a power supply issue, go to the next section to get the remedy to this issue
- The touch screen of my car doesn’t respond anymore: If your screen gets stuck on a page and it doesn’t respond anymore it’s probably a bug in the operating system of your screen.
- The touch screen of my Mini Countryman turns on and off for no explanation: In this case you are certainly a victim of a short circuit.
How to correct touch screen Mini Countryman
After discovering why the touch screen of your Mini Countryman is no longer functioning , we will try to give you the solutions to each of the problems you may encounter. Down below are the solutions to each of the main touch screen problems:
- The touch screen doesn’t turn on at all: In this case, you will have to check out the power supply side of the touch screen, most of the time it will be a blown fuse, so check the status of the fuse.
- The touch screen is frozen: In that case, as we stated before, it’s probably a bug you’re going through, you’ll have to try to unplug/replug the fuses, to restart the screen . If this doesn’t work, you may have a issue with the version of the screen’s operating system, make sure to contact your dealer. If it’s only your GPS that’s bugging, you can update the GPS of your Mini Countryman by following this guide.
- The touch screen of your Mini Countryman switches on and off for no explanation: In this situation it is highly likely that you are the victim of a short circuit. Check the condition of your fuses and connectors, if you can’t locate anything, take your car to a car electrician who can correct the issue.
If you want more guides on the Mini Countryman, go to our Mini Countryman category.