Having a issue with your motor vehicle is basic, because unfortunately recent vehicles are more and more difficult and therefore subject to more and more possible breakdowns. On this page we’re going to try to help you to resolve an injection problem on your Jeep Liberty . This is a issue that is especially bothersome because it can sooner or later bring your vehicle to non starting or broken engine unit. To get this done, first we will see how injection functions, then, what are the different concerns that can exist on a Jeep Liberty injectors , and at last, how to resolve them.
What is the aim of the injection of a Jeep Liberty?
So we begin our content by quickly explaining how an injection system functions so that you have all the information you need to understand the failure connected with it. < br>
The injection system of a Jeep Liberty manages the fuel intake into the engine unit , it replaces the old carburettors. It has the advantage to be much more precise and to come, under pressure, to launch the fuel in the engine unit. The injection pump takes care of pressurizing the fuel and transferring it to the injectors, and the injectors will relieve the fuel in the form of micro-drops into the cylinders of your Jeep Liberty. The advantage of fuel injection is to have a much more precise dosage than a carburettor and to enable a better air/fuel mixture and therefore a better combustion.
What are the different injection complications on Jeep Liberty?
Now in this second part, we are going to see the different injection complications and their symptoms that you might confront on your Jeep Liberty .
Injection pump complications Jeep Liberty
To begin, we will see the injection pump complications on your Jeep Liberty, there are not many of them, they are quite often recurrent but we will outline them below:
- Electronic issue of the high pressure pump: If you have an electronic issue, the pressure in your injection system might be too high or too low which will cause a bad air/fuel mixture and therefore a bad combustion and thus alter the behavior of the engine unit of your Jeep Liberty.
- Leakage from the injection pump of your Jeep Liberty: If you have a significant leakage problem, the end result will be much the same as if you have a lack of pressure, you will not have enough pressure and therefore the combustion of your fuel will not be good
Regarding the consequences and symptoms of a fuel pump issue on a Jeep Liberty , you will undoubtedly feel, a lack of power, your engine unit grazing, dark smoke emissions…
Injectors complications Jeep Liberty
Now we move on to the injector problems on Jeep Liberty . Injectors represent the end of your injection system, here are the different complications you might encounter:
- Dirty Jeep Liberty injectors: This can happen because of poor fuel quality, they will let less fuel through or more if they are completely clogged. So you will probably have one or more cylinders that are not working properly.
- Leaky Jeep Liberty injector: It’s quite often at the high pressure seals that an injector can leak, it can also, more rarely, be cracked or broken.
- Injector Jeep Liberty HS: This is the case when your injectors are completely clogged or when you have an electronic problem, it will not let anything go.
Regarding the signs of illness of injector complications on your Jeep Liberty it is about the same as for a defective injection pump. You might experience problems with starting, throttle response, power loss, and smoke emission.
How to get rid of an injection issue on a Jeep Liberty?
To conclude our content on the injection complications on Jeep Liberty , we will try to give you the solutions that exist to resolve these complications.
If after a precise analysis it’s your injection pump that is the cause of your complications, it will unfortunately be very complicated to intervene on the trouble without replacing the part, this change quite often goes with the replacement of the injectors, and occasionally the tank, it will take between 2000 and 3000 euros for the whole, try to get several diagnostics and estimates before starting any repair.
Regarding a issue with an injector there are various solutions depending on your concerns, here they are:
- Dirty injector: You can clean the injectors of your Jeep Liberty, do not hesitate to consult our content on this subject to get the process. If it doesn’t work, you will have to change them.
- Leaky injector: The change and the purchase of a joint kit will only cost you a few tens of euros, but you still need to have the ability to change it, do not hesitate to consult our content on the injectors that leak on Jeep Liberty, to have all the solutions available to you.
- Injector HS: Finally, last solution, your injector is broken or doesn’t work anymore, generally speaking, the replacement of an injector costs around 500 euros labor included.
If you need more tutorials on the Jeep Liberty, go to our Jeep Liberty category.