Having a issue with your motor vehicle is traditional, because unfortunately recent automobiles are more and more complex and consequently subject to more and more possible breakdowns. Today we’re going to try to help you to resolve an injection problem on your Mercedes Benz E Class . This is a issue that is specially irritating because it can eventually bring your vehicle to non starting or damaged engine. To get this done, first we will discover how injection works, then, what are the different concerns that can exist on a Mercedes Benz E Class injectors , and finally, how to resolve them.
What is the intent of the injection of a Mercedes Benz E Class?
So we commence our content page by quickly detailing how an injection system works so that you have all the info you need to discover the failure affiliated with it. < br>
The injection system of a Mercedes Benz E Class controls the fuel intake into the engine , it replaces the old carburettors. It has the benefit to be a lot more precise and to come, under pressure, to release the fuel in the engine. The injection pump takes care of pressurizing the fuel and transferring it to the injectors, and the injectors will relieve the fuel in the form of micro-drops into the cylinders of your Mercedes Benz E Class. The benefit of fuel injection is to have a much more precise dosage than a carburettor and to allow a better air/fuel mixture and consequently a better combustion.
What are the different injection problems on Mercedes Benz E Class?
Now in this second component, we are going to explore the different injection problems and their symptoms that you may confront on your Mercedes Benz E Class .
Injection pump problems Mercedes Benz E Class
To commence, we will discover the injection pump problems on your Mercedes Benz E Class, there are not many of them, they are generally recurrent but we will outline them below:
- Electronic issue of the high pressure pump: If you have an electronic issue, the pressure in your injection system might be too high or too low which will bring about a bad air/fuel mixture and consequently a bad combustion and thus alter the performance of the engine of your Mercedes Benz E Class.
- Leakage from the injection pump of your Mercedes Benz E Class: If you have a significant leakage problem, the consequence will be much the same as if you have a lack of pressure, you will not have enough pressure and consequently the combustion of your fuel will not be good
Concerning the outcomes and symptoms of a fuel pump issue on a Mercedes Benz E Class , you will obviously feel, a lack of power, your engine grazing, dark smoke emissions…
Injectors problems Mercedes Benz E Class
Now we move on to the injector problems on Mercedes Benz E Class . Injectors are the end of your injection system, here are the different problems you may encounter:
- Dirty Mercedes Benz E Class injectors: This can happen because of poor fuel quality, they will let less fuel through or more if they are completely clogged. So you will potentially have one or more cylinders that are not working effectively.
- Leaky Mercedes Benz E Class injector: It’s generally at the high pressure seals that an injector can leak, it can also, more rarely, be cracked or broken.
- Injector Mercedes Benz E Class HS: This is the case when your injectors are completely clogged or when you have an electronic problem, it will not let anything go.
Concerning the signs of illness of injector problems on your Mercedes Benz E Class it is about the same as for a faulty injection pump. You may encounter problems with starting, throttle response, power loss, and smoke emission.
How to resolve an injection issue on a Mercedes Benz E Class?
To finish our article content on the injection problems on Mercedes Benz E Class , we will try to give you the solutions that exist to resolve these problems.
If after a precise diagnosis it’s your injection pump that is the reason of your problems, it will unfortunately be very complicated to intervene on the problem without replacing the component, this change generally goes with the replacement of the injectors, and sometimes the tank, it will take between 2000 and 3000 euros for the whole, try to get several diagnostics and estimates before starting any repair.
Concerning a issue with an injector there are various solutions based on your concerns, here they are:
- Dirty injector: You can clean the injectors of your Mercedes Benz E Class, do not hesitate to consult our content page on this subject to get the process. If it doesn’t work, you will have to replace them.
- Leaky injector: The replace and the purchase of a joint kit will only cost you a few tens of euros, but you still need to have the ability to replace it, do not hesitate to consult our content page on the injectors that leak on Mercedes Benz E Class, to have all the solutions available to you.
- Injector HS: Finally, last remedy, your injector is damaged or doesn’t work anymore, generally speaking, the replacement of an injector costs around 500 euros labor included.
If you have any further questions about the Mercedes Benz E Class, do not hesitate to consult our Mercedes Benz E Class category.