If you’re a bit of a do-it-yourselfer, you’re most likely keen to take care of the vast majority of the service to be done on your Ford Galaxy, but some are more difficult than others and require the removal of body parts or components to access the component you want to work on. We would really like to help you in this task. That’s why on this web page we are going to find out how to remove the bumper from a Ford Galaxy. This task is not very difficult and you should be able to do it with few equipment. To accomplish this, first we will discover how to remove the front bumper of your Ford Galaxy, then how to remove the rear bumper of this one.
How to remove the front bumper from a Ford Galaxy
So let’s commence our article content with the front bumper of your Ford Galaxy. To remove it, you will just require a set of ratchet wrenches, some screwdrivers and torx bits. Here are the simple steps you will have to follow in order to disassemble the bumper of your Ford Galaxy in good conditions:
- If you want to be more comfy, we suggest you to lift your Ford Galaxy and to remove the front wheels to have a best access to the whole front bumper.
- Open the bonnet of your motor vehicle: Seems evident, but you will need to have access to the bumper attachment in your engine compartment.
- Take off the wheel arches: They’re also described as fenders, but they’ll get in the way and prevent you from accessing all the screws on the front bumper of your Ford Galaxy. Dependant on your automobile features and the year of your model, you will also have the ability to find staples, to accomplish this, you will just have to use a staple extractor or to do it carefully with a big flat screwdriver, and use a lever to open the staple.
- Then you will have to unscrew the screws that is from behind your mudguard and that seals the front bumper of your Ford Galaxy on the sides.
- Unscrew the screws or remove the clips on the upper part of the bumper in the engine compartment.
- Now it’s time to go beneath your Ford Galaxy to unscrew the bolts that are on the chassis of the automobile, you will find some in the middle of the bumper and on the sides.
- Be sure you disconnect the connection of the plate lighting and the distance control sensor if you have it.
- Carefully remove the front bumper by first unclipping the sides. If it doesn’t come off, you probably forgot a screw or a clip. Think of working with a carpet or other to prevent that it gets scratched by touching the ground.
That’s it, you’ve seen all the steps of how to remove the front bumper from your Ford Galaxy, to reassemble it follow the steps in the opposite way.
How to remove the rear bumper from a Ford Galaxy
And to conclude, regardless if the operation is quite similar, we will check out the case of removing the rear bumper from your Ford Galaxy. For each stage to avoid repeating ourselves we will only give you the broad outlines, refer to part 1 if you have any concerns or questions for more details.
- Start with carrying out the same first stage, that is, lift your Ford Galaxy and take out your rear wheels in order to have an optimal working space to remove the bumper of your Ford Galaxy serenely
- Remove the rear wheel arches of your Ford Galaxy to access the side bumper side brackets
- Open your trunk
- Take off the side brackets in your wheel arches to make it less complicated to remove the bumper from your Ford Galaxy.
- Take out the lower bindings underneath your Ford Galaxy.
- At the same time, make sure un plug the rear license plate light and the reverse radar sensors if you are equipped with them.
- Unscrew the top brackets from the top of the trunk.
- Now all you have to do is remove the rear bumper from your Ford Galaxy, follow the same operation as for the front bumper
Here, you have discoverd through these two parts, how to remove the bumper from a Ford Galaxy whether it is the front one or the rear one the ways are just about the same and it is enough to be careful to make everything go well.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Ford Galaxy, do not hesitate to consult our Ford Galaxy category.