If you’re a bit of a handy person, you’re most certainly willing to look after the majority of the service to be carried out on your Kia Picanto, but some are more difficult than others and require the removal of body parts or parts to access the part you want to focus on. We would really like to help you in this process. That’s why today we are going to see how to remove the bumper from a Kia Picanto. This process is not very difficult and you should have the ability to do it with few tools. For that, first we will see how to remove the front bumper of your Kia Picanto, then how to remove the rear bumper of this one.
How to remove the front bumper from a Kia Picanto
So let’s begin our document with the front bumper of your Kia Picanto. To remove it, you will just need a set of ratchet wrenches, some screwdrivers and torx bits. Here are the simple steps you will have to stick to to be able to disassemble the bumper of your Kia Picanto in good conditions:
- If you want to be more comfortable, we encourage you to lift your Kia Picanto and to remove the front wheels to have a good access to the whole front bumper.
- Open the bonnet of your motor vehicle: Seems evident, but you will need to have access to the bumper attachment in your engine compartment.
- Take off the wheel arches: They’re also named fenders, but they’ll get in the way and prevent you from accessing all the screws on the front bumper of your Kia Picanto. According to your car features and the year of your model, you will also be able to find staples, to get this done, you will just have to use a staple extractor or to do it carefully with a big flat screwdriver, and use a lever to open the staple.
- Then you will have to unscrew the screws that is behind your mudguard and that seals the front bumper of your Kia Picanto on the sides.
- Unscrew the screws or remove the clips on the upper part of the bumper in the engine compartment.
- Now it’s time to go beneath your Kia Picanto to unscrew the bolts that are on the chassis of the car, you will find some in the middle of the bumper and on the sides.
- Make sure disconnect the connection of the plate lighting and the distance control sensor if you have it.
- Carefully remove the front bumper by first unclipping the sides. If it doesn’t come off, you probably forgot a screw or a clip. Think of using a carpet or other to prevent that it gets scratched by touching the ground.
That’s it, you’ve seen all the steps of how to remove the front bumper from your Kia Picanto, to reassemble it stick to the steps in the opposite way.
How to remove the rear bumper from a Kia Picanto
And now, even if the procedure is quite equivalent, we will take a look at the case of removing the rear bumper from your Kia Picanto. For each stage to avoid repeating ourselves we will only give you the broad highlights, refer to part 1 if you have any uncertainties or questions for more info.
- Start with undertaking the same first stage, that is, lift your Kia Picanto and remove your rear wheels to be able to have an optimal working area to remove the bumper of your Kia Picanto without trouble
- Remove the rear wheel arches of your Kia Picanto to access the side bumper side brackets
- Open your trunk
- Take off the side brackets in your wheel arches to make it much easier to remove the bumper from your Kia Picanto.
- Take away the lower bindings below your Kia Picanto.
- While doing so, be sure you un plug the rear license plate light and the reverse radar sensors if you are equipped with them.
- Unscrew the top brackets from the top of the trunk.
- Now all you have to do is remove the rear bumper from your Kia Picanto, stick to the same technique as for the front bumper
Here, you have seen through these two parts, how to remove the bumper from a Kia Picanto whether it is the front one or the rear one the techniques are just about the same and it is enough to be meticulous to make everything go well.
If you want more guides on the Kia Picanto, go to our Kia Picanto category.