Regardless of you need to move house, go on vacation with a caravan, get rid of of green waste, or have a hitch is pretty handy. On this page, we will describe the electrical connection of a trailer hitch of a Citroen C3 Aircross . Obviously, regardless if the installation procedure is not difficult, it is required to describe some points to consider this work without any problem. Firstly, we will discover what the electrical wiring harness of your motor vehicle hitch consists of, then, in a second step, how to make the electrical connection of the hitch of a Citroen C3 Aircross .
What’s the wiring harness for a Citroen C3 Aircross hitch trailer?
Why do we have to connect a wiring harness with the hitch trailer of a Citroen C3 Aircross?
So we will commence our article by explaining the basics of a wiring harness of a Citroen C3 Aircross. In order to discover how it works, you must previously discover its necessity. If you have a trailer or a caravan to tow, it is important and earlier all mandatory by the highway code to respect certain laws, here they are:
- A solid chassis for the trailer…
- Wheels that fit.
- An electrical connection.
- A license plate in plain sight.
- A stoplight repeater.
- A traffic light repeater.
- A blinker repeater.
- License plate illumination.
- A fog light repeater.
In order to satisfy all the electrical obligations, you will need to install a wiring harness connection on the hitch trailer of your Citroen C3 Aircross . We will focus on this in this post, if you want to discover how to install the hitch of a Citroen C3 Aircross, please discover our article on this topic.
What is the electrical connection of the trailer hitch of a Citroen C3 Aircross?
We will now fairly quickly describe how the electrical connection of your hitch works. The connection uses the 12-volt current from your motor vehicle to power the hitch lights on your Citroen C3 Aircross. There are two different systems of electrical connection for a hitch, here they are:
- The 7-pin electric plug for a Citroen C3 Aircross trailer, 7 pins : This is the traditional plug that will be determined on all Citroen C3 Aircross hitches. This electrical connection will allow you to transmit all the lighting functions necessary for the rear signalling of your trailer, you will find a plug for each function (left and right indicators, ground, fog light, left and right position light, left and right brake light).
- Electrical connection for caravan with 13-pin plug for Citroen C3 Aircross: This plug system is mainly used for caravans that necessitate 12 volts inside to supply the various electrical equipment in the cabin. This type of connection requires the use of an adapter. The extra pins will bring the 12 volt power permanently (to recharge a battery in the caravan) and the 12 volt power in use (to use the 12 volt equipment when the car is switched on).
How do I hook up the wiring harness of a Citroen C3 Aircross?
To finish this article, we will fairly quickly describe you how to make the connection of the wiring harness of your Citroen C3 Aircross .
How to make the connection of the wiring harness of an old Citroen C3 Aircross?
To mount the wiring harness of an old Citroen C3 Aircross, you will have to go and get all the required cables in the rear lights of this one. We recommend you to call in a motor vehicle electrician to do this intervention because it is difficult, but we will nevertheless summarize the most important steps to be performed:
- Take out the trunk lining from your Citroen C3 Aircross to access the rear light unit.
- Identify the wires that correspond to each of the taillight functions.
- Connect them to the lugs on the wiring harness on your hitch.
- Close the whole thing down.
How do you connect the wiring harness of a recent Citroen C3 Aircross?
For modern Citroen C3 Aircrosss, the wiring harness is much easier to connect:
- You can use a multiplexable box, you will find particular ones for your Citroen C3 Aircross and universal models. It’s up to you to select according to your budget, know that a universal version costs between 30 and 60 euros.
- Take out the trunk lining from your Citroen C3 Aircross so that you can route the cables from your box to the front of your Citroen C3 Aircross and connect them to your fuse box.
- Install the circumstance in the trunk effectively.
- You don’t have to retrieve your cables from the trunk and connect them to your outlet.
How do you hook up the power to a trailer on Citroen C3 Aircross?
Finally, to finish this article we will fairly quickly describe you how to make the electrical connection of a caravan on your Citroen C3 Aircross . To achieve this you will inevitably have to go through one of the previous steps, it’s up to you to select the one that points your model and your budget. After you have done this, the last step will be to buy an adapter that goes from a 7-pin plug to a 13-pin plug so that you can benefit from the 12 volt current in your caravan. These adapters come at different prices, you will need to count between 15 and 40 euros. All you have to do is plug it into your 7-pin plug.
To find more tips on the Citroen C3 Aircross, take a look at the Citroen C3 Aircross category.