Paying attention to your vehicle is fundamental nowadays, indeed, if you do not do the minimum routine service of it, or if you do not take into account alerts of abnormality, you strongly risk to see your car withering away. This is precisely the subject we are going to discuss today, one of the signs that most disturbs drivers is the ABS warning light on Citroen C3 Aircross. In an attempt to help you analyze this warning light, we will first take a look at what this ABS warning light corresponds to, then in a second how to proceed if the ABS light is on Citroen C3 Aircross?.
What does the ABS light on Citroen C3 Aircross signify?
We will commence our content page with the definition of an ABS warning light on Citroen C3 Aircross, to do this, in first, we will see what an ABS is, and later on, why the ABS light on your car lights up.
What is the ABS on Citroen C3 Aircross?
To begin with, it is necessary to explain to you what the ABS of your Citroen C3 Aircross is utilized for so that you can understand the rest of this guideline. The ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) is a system that prevents the wheels of your car from locking during braking. The purpose of this system is to lower the braking distance of a car by preventing the wheels from locking, sliding on the road and you losing control of your car. The ABS system of your Citroen C3 Aircross is composed of different elements, here they are:
- Speed sensors on each wheel, which will review if one of the wheels locks up.
- A hydraulic system and valves that will control the pressure of the pads on the discs to control the braking power of the car
- A computer that is the control center of your entire ABS system as well as the ABS light of your Citroen C3 Aircross
The fact is, you can very easily feel how your car’s ABS works. If you have to steer, you will find that your car will brake by pawing, this is exactly the behaviour that ABS permits, it will optimise braking to the maximum by associating the phases of pressure on the brake discs and the phases of discharge to prevent the wheels from locking up.
Meaning of an ABS light on Citroen C3 Aircross
Now we go forward to the part that you are almost certainly more keen on, meaning of an ABS warning light on a Citroen C3 Aircross? First of all, it is an orange light, so if it is on it denotes that your ABS system is defective. You should be conscious that whenever the ABS warning light is on, the ABS will be put into safety mode, so you should change your driving and not take any risks. Here are the different problems that the ABS warning light on your Citroen C3 Aircross can point:
- It could be a simple short circuit, a broken wiring harness, a defective relay or fuse. Use a pressure gauge to verify it.
- A malfunctioning ABS sensor: A failure of one of them triggers the ABS light on your Citroen C3 Aircross to turn on
- The ABS hydraulic block of your Citroen C3 Aircross: If it is defective it is possible that the indicator light will turn on and you will no longer be able to use your ABS.
- The ABS computer: If the computer has a problem, being the center of all decisions made to operate your ABS, the light will unavoidably turn on.
What if the ABS light turns on on my Citroen C3 Aircross?
We will now go forward to the part where we will try to give you some solutions to switch off this light, and thus answer the following question, what to do if the ABS light is on on my Citroen C3 Aircross?. The solutions will could depend on the failures you are encountering. First of all, pass your Citroen C3 Aircross to the diagnostic tool, if you don’t know how to read a fault code on Citroen C3 Aircross, don’t hesitate to read our guideline which details the steps to take. Once you have located the source of your problem, here are the steps to take to resolve it and turn off the ABS light on your Citroen C3 Aircross:
- Problem of the ECU or the hydraulic block: It can only be altered, and in this case, you will have to go through a specialist, but if it’s dead, it could cost you around 1000€ to change the ECU and 1500 to 2000€ if you have to change both of them.
- Electrical problem: Once you’ve spotted an electrical problem with your manometer, if it’s only a fuse or a relay, count around 10€ maximum, otherwise you’ll have to repair the wiring harness.
- A defective sensor: Sometimes a simple cleaning of the sensors will be enough to solve the problem, otherwise changing a sensor can cost up to a few hundred euros.
If you have any further questions about the Citroen C3 Aircross, do not hesitate to consult our Citroen C3 Aircross category.