Regardless of you need to move house, go on vacation with a caravan, get rid of of green waste, or have a hitch is really handy. In this post, we will describe the electrical connection of a trailer hitch of a Fiat Ducato 2 . Obviously, regardless if the set up process is not difficult, it is necessary to describe some points to consider this intervention without any issue. First of all, we will discover what the electrical wiring harness of your motor vehicle hitch consists of, then, in a second step, how to make the electrical connection of the hitch of a Fiat Ducato 2 .
What’s the wiring harness for a Fiat Ducato 2 hitch trailer?
Why do we have to connect a wiring harness with the hitch trailer of a Fiat Ducato 2?
So we will start our content page by explaining the fundamentals of a wiring harness of a Fiat Ducato 2. In order to figure out how it functions, you must previously figure out its necessity. If you have a trailer or a caravan to tow, it is fundamental and earlier all mandatory by the highway code to respect certain rules, here they are:
- A solid chassis for the trailer…
- Wheels that fit.
- An electrical connection.
- A license plate in plain sight.
- A stoplight repeater.
- A traffic light repeater.
- A blinker repeater.
- License plate illumination.
- A fog light repeater.
In order to satisfy all the electrical requirements, you will need to install a wiring harness connection on the hitch trailer of your Fiat Ducato 2 . We will focus on this in this post, if you want to discover how to install the hitch of a Fiat Ducato 2, please discover our content page on this topic.
What is the electrical connection of the trailer hitch of a Fiat Ducato 2?
We will now quickly describe how the electrical connection of your hitch functions. The connection uses the 12-volt current from your motor vehicle to power the hitch lights on your Fiat Ducato 2. There are two different systems of electrical connection for a hitch, here they are:
- The 7-pin electric plug for a Fiat Ducato 2 trailer, 7 pins : This is the traditional plug that will be identified on all Fiat Ducato 2 hitches. This electrical connection will enable you to transmit all the lighting functions needed for the rear signalling of your trailer, you will discover a plug for each objective (left and right indicators, ground, fog light, left and right position light, left and right brake light).
- Electrical connection for caravan with 13-pin plug for Fiat Ducato 2: This plug system is specifically used for caravans that necessitate 12 volts inside to supply the different electrical devices in the cabin. This type of connection requires the use of an adapter. The extra pins will bring the 12 volt power permanently (to recharge a battery in the caravan) and the 12 volt power in use (to use the 12 volt equipment when the motor vehicle is switched on).
How do I hook up the wiring harness of a Fiat Ducato 2?
To finish this content page, we will quickly describe you how to make the connection of the wiring harness of your Fiat Ducato 2 .
How to make the connection of the wiring harness of an old Fiat Ducato 2?
To install the wiring harness of an old Fiat Ducato 2, you will have to go and get all the necessary cables in the rear lights of this one. We suggest you to call in a motor vehicle electrician for this intervention because it is difficult, but we will nevertheless summarize the most important steps to be carried out:
- Take out the trunk lining from your Fiat Ducato 2 to access the rear light unit.
- Locate the wires that correspond to each of the taillight functions.
- Connect them to the lugs on the wiring harness on your hitch.
- Close the whole thing down.
How do you connect the wiring harness of a recent Fiat Ducato 2?
For modern Fiat Ducato 2s, the wiring harness is much easier to connect:
- You can use a multiplexable box, you will discover particular ones for your Fiat Ducato 2 and universal models. It’s up to you to choose according to your budget, know that a universal version costs between 30 and 60 euros.
- Take out the trunk lining from your Fiat Ducato 2 so that you can route the cables from your box to the front of your Fiat Ducato 2 and connect them to your fuse box.
- Install the circumstance in the trunk properly.
- You don’t have to retrieve your cables from the trunk and connect them to your outlet.
How do you hook up the power to a trailer on Fiat Ducato 2?
Finally, to finish this content page we will quickly describe you how to make the electrical connection of a caravan on your Fiat Ducato 2 . To do this you will automatically have to go through one of the previous steps, it’s up to you to choose the one that points your model and your budget. After you have done this, the last step will be to buy an adapter that goes from a 7-pin plug to a 13-pin plug so that you can benefit from the 12 volt current in your caravan. These adapters come at different prices, you will need to count between 15 and 40 euros. All you have to do is plug it into your 7-pin plug.
To discover more tips on the Fiat Ducato 2, take a look at the Fiat Ducato 2 category.