Perhaps you are the new possessor of a Mazda MX 5 Miata, have been lent one, or have rented one, you may not yet know all the particulars of this motor vehicle. This is precisely the subject of this article, we will help you to perform a simple but essential task on 3-door cars in order to transport more than 2 people. That’s why we are going to explain you how to fold a front seat on a Mazda MX 5 Miata, for that, first of all, we are going to compare the different settings of the front seat of your motor vehicle, and, in a second part, the different ways to fold the front seat of a Mazda MX 5 Miata..
The different front seat configurations settings of an Mazda MX 5 Miata
Firstly, we’ll commence our article by describing the different settings available on the front seat of a Mazda MX 5 Miata. Indeed, even if you want to fold one of your front seats on your vehicle, you should know that according to the model of your car and its packages you will have access to different adjustments, here are a good number of the settings you can have on your Mazda MX 5 Miata:
- Basic and essential adjustment for driving without taking risks, this adjustment of the front seat of your Mazda MX 5 Miata enables you to change the distance of the seat to the pedals in order to conform to the size of each person’s legs.
- This setting enables you to have a better vision of the road, for small persons we often elevate the seat and for tall persons to lower it.
- Finally, the last “classic” configuration is the seat inclination, not to be mislead with the control to fold the seat of a Mazda MX 5 Miata, this setting will enable you, based upon the length of your arms, to have an ideal driving position without tiring to reach the controls
- The lumbar support: On some series, you will even be able to modify the lumbar support given by your seat by pressing down on the backrest, a very pleasant adjustment for long trips.
How do you fold the front seat down from a Mazda MX 5 Miata?
After finding out about all the seat settings, we will in this part help you to fold down the front seat of your Mazda MX 5 Miata. Please take note that depending on the number of doors on your car the method will not be the same. Whether you want to fold down a front seat to drive a passenger on a 3-door Mazda MX 5 Miata, or whether you want to fold it down to deliver bulky objects on a 5-door Mazda MX 5 Miata, it will not be the same approach, here are the different methods to do it
Fold down the front seat of a 3-door Mazda MX 5 Miata.
As we informed you just before, whether it’s to get a traveler in the back seat, or to carry bulky stuff, understanding how to fold the front seat down from its Mazda MX 5 Miata is essential. This technique is quite simple, and according to the year of your Mazda MX 5 Miata the lever to fold down the front seat can be in different locations, here are the 3 possible spots for this command:
- At the top of the seat back near the headrest
- On the side of the seat generally in the middle of the backrest
- On the side of the seat in the middle of the seat
Pushing this lever will completely fold down the front seat back of your Mazda MX 5 Miata and free the seat from its location on the rail that allows you to move the seat forward or backward, this will allow you to save even more space for an easy passenger in the rear.
Folding down the front seat of a 5-door Mazda MX 5 Miata
As for folding the front seat of a Mazda MX 5 Miata 5-door, the procedure is not the same because since it is not made to receive rear passengers through the front doors, your seats don’t have the same functionality we just talked about earlier on. Folding the front seat of a 5-door Mazda MX 5 Miata will generally only be useful if you want to carry bulky items. To do this, you’ll need to use the recline control to fold your seats. Depending on the year of your car, it can be in the form of a knob to turn, or a lever to operate to choose the inclination of your car. If you don’t have enough space and want to fold the rear seat of your Mazda MX 5 Miata, don’t be reluctant to consult our article dedicated to this action.
If you wish more tutorials on the Mazda MX 5 Miata, go to our Mazda MX 5 Miata category.