Perhaps you are the new owner of a Lincoln Navigator, have been lent one, or have rented one, you may not yet know all the main features of this motor vehicle. This is exactly the subject of this content page, we will help you to accomplish a common but useful task on 3-door cars to be able to transport more than 2 persons. That’s why we are going to teach you how to fold a front seat on a Lincoln Navigator, for that, first of all, we are going to compare the different configuration settings of the front seat of your motor vehicle, and, in a second part, the different ways to fold the front seat of a Lincoln Navigator..
The different front seat configurations settings of an Lincoln Navigator
Firstly, we’ll start our content page by detailing the different settings existing on the front seat of a Lincoln Navigator. Indeed, whether or not you want to fold one of your front seats on your vehicle, you should know that depending on the model of your car and its packages you will have access to different adjustments, here are a good number of the settings you will find on your Lincoln Navigator:
- Basic and crucial adjustment for driving without taking risks, this configuration settings of the front seat of your Lincoln Navigator enables you to adjust the distance of the seat to the pedals to be able to fit the size of each person’s legs.
- This setting enables you to have a better vision of the road, for small drivers we often elevate the seat and for tall drivers to lower it.
- Finally, the last “classic” setting is the seat inclination, not to be confused with the control to fold the seat of a Lincoln Navigator, this setting will enable you, according to the length of your arms, to have a good driving position without tiring to reach the controls
- The lumbar support: On some finish, you will in addition be able to change the lumbar support offered by your seat by pressing down on the backrest, a very pleasant adjustment for long trips.
How do you fold the front seat down from a Lincoln Navigator?
After identifying all the seat configurations, we will now assist you to fold down the front seat of your Lincoln Navigator. Please take note that depending on the number of doors on your car the procedure will not be the same. Whether you want to fold down a front seat to transport a passenger on a 3-door Lincoln Navigator, or whether you want to fold it down to transport heavy items on a 5-door Lincoln Navigator, it will not be the same action, here are the different procedures to do it
Fold down the front seat of a 3-door Lincoln Navigator.
As we informed you just before, whether it’s to get a person in the back seat, or to carry heavy stuff, understanding how to fold the front seat down from its Lincoln Navigator is useful. This procedure is quite common, and depending on the year of your Lincoln Navigator the lever to fold down the front seat can be in different locations, here are the 3 possible places for this command:
- At the top of the seat back near the headrest
- On the side of the seat in general in the middle of the backrest
- On the side of the seat in the middle of the seat
Activating this lever will completely fold down the front seat back of your Lincoln Navigator and free the seat from its location on the rail that allows you to move the seat forward or backward, this will allow you to save even more space for an easy passenger in the rear.
Folding down the front seat of a 5-door Lincoln Navigator
As for folding the front seat of a Lincoln Navigator 5-door, the approach is not similar because since it is not designed to receive rear passengers through the front doors, your seats don’t have the same features we just talked about earlier on. Folding the front seat of a 5-door Lincoln Navigator will generally only be useful if you want to carry bulky objects. To do this, you’ll need to use the recline control to fold your seats. Depending on the year of your car, it can be in the form of a knob to turn, or a lever to operate to choose the inclination of your car. If you don’t have enough volume and want to fold the rear seat of your Lincoln Navigator, don’t be reluctant to read our content page dedicated to this procedure.
If you want more guides on the Lincoln Navigator, go to our Lincoln Navigator category.