Some manipulations may appear to be obvious to conduct on your motor vehicle, nevertheless, each vehicle is distinct and when you buy a new one, lend it to you, or rent one, it is not always easy to carry them out. That’s why in this article we’re going to demonstrate you how to fold the side mirrors of your BMW X1. Certainly, when you park in the CBD, or leave your car stopped for a little while, it’s better to fold them down to prevent any problems. To answer this question, first, we will detail the different versions of side mirrors that can be found, then, in a second part, how to fold down the side mirrors of your BMW X1, and, at last, the possible problems you may encounter.
Different kind of side mirrors on a BMW X1
Before we teach you the precise method for folding the mirrors of your BMW X1, we will fairly quickly discover the different versions of mirrors that exist. Indeed, regardless if it is not the most complex equipment of a car, there are different types of side mirrors that will generally be linked to the exterior packages of your car, here they are:
- Manually foldable and manually adjustable side mirrors.
- Manual and power-folding mirrors
- Power-adjustable auto-folding side mirrors
How to fold the side mirrors on a BMW X1?
It’s time to find out why you came on this page, how to fold the side mirrors of a BMW X1? As we revealed earlier, each type of mirror folds in a different method, find down below each of the actions to perform
How do you fold manual side mirrors on a BMW X1?
- Folding BMW X1 manual side mirrors: For this sort of mirror, nothing could be less difficult, you stand in front of your mirror and push it towards the inside, towards the rear of the vehicle. There must be a notch to be passed by applying a sufficiently strong pressure
- Manual electric folding side mirrors on BMW X1: Watch out on this sort of mirror, verify that they fold manually and not electrically, you will find details on the guidebook of your BMW X1.
How do you fold the automatic side mirrors on a BMW X1?
Finally, for this last sort of mirror, nothing could be easier, your side mirrors will fold down and open anytime you open or lock your BMW X1. On some automatic editions, you can still fold down your mirrors by hand, although you’ll have to be very cautious, generally when you fold them down manually, you’ll have to open them via the electric opening to reset the mirrors’ travel.
Trouble with the side mirror not folding over on my BMW X1 anymore?
If you are in the case that a side mirror on your BMW X1 doesn’t want to fold down any longer we will try to help you solve your problem:
- Manual side mirror BMW X1 that won’t fold down: In that case, there must be a thing obstructing its articulation, or it’s been forced and it can’t fold down, look at that side of it.
- Automatic electric side mirror BMW X1 that doesn’t fold down anymore: In this instance, there can be several problems, you may have deactivated the automatic folding, please look in your instruction manual how to do the process because determined by the year of your car it can be different. If it is rather an engine problem, you will surely have to change the engine of the mirror, this happens frequently when a mirror has been forced by hand.
If you want more guides on the BMW X1, go to our BMW X1 category.