Keeping an eye on your car is fundamental nowadays, indeed, if you do not do the minimal maintenance of it, or if you do not take into consideration signals of abnormality, you strongly risk to discover your car becoming unpleasant to use. This is precisely the subject we are going to speak about in this article, one of the symptoms that most disturbs car owners is the seat belt indicator light on BMW X1 . In an effort to help you analyze this warning light, first we will discover what this belt warning light on BMW X1 means, then in a second what to do if the seat belt warning light stays on and beeps on BMW X1? .
Seat belt indicator light on BMW X1
So we commence with the article about the security belt light on BMW X1 . This or these lights, dependent on the series of your car, you may only have one or one per seat, will have the action of warning the driver and reminding people to fasten their seat belts . It will activate when the ignition of your BMW X1 is turned on. It can be including presence sensor , which thanks to a weight sensor will be able to identify the presence or not of a passenger on the seats. Please take note that you are obliged by the Highway Code, as well as your passengers, to wear seatbelts in any moving car, it is for your security, so this warning light is a good method to avoid putting yourself in danger. This seat belt warning light can be coupled with a beeper , to make certain you are informed of the omission.
Why does the seat belt light come on at BMW X1?
We will now proceed to the abnormal reasons for the belt light to switch on BMW X1 . In normal operation , it should only be illuminated if a passenger sitting in a seat has not fastened his belt, here is a list of the different concerns you may have with your belt indicator:
- The seat belt indicator lights up inadvertently with or without the buzzer alarm while the seat belts are properly fastened while you are driving in your BMW X1, in such a case it is possible that the buckle sensor is defective
- The BMW X1 belt warning light is illuminated on an empty seat: In such a case, it is most likely that the presence sensor is defective.
- The seat belt indicator light stays on and there’s no audible alarm: It could be the light or the fuse that’s the problem if all the belts in the occupied seats are properly locked.
What if the seat belt light wont come off on BMW X1?
Now that we have the problems that you may have with your seat belt light that stays on your BMW X1 , we will try to give you the solutions that you can solve it and turn off the belt light on the dashboard of your BMW X1 .
- Presence sensor problem: : In the event you have been capable to identify that your light issue is brought on by a presence sensor, you will need to verify that there is no weight on your seats, as occasionally a simple shopping bag can result in the sensor and light up the belt light on your BMW X1. If you don’t have anything on your seats and your sensors are defective, you will have to go to a auto technician to have it replaced by a new one, the sensors generally cost between 50 and 100 euros. between 50 and 100 euros.
- Belt Buckle Sensor Trouble: If the belt buckle sensor is not functioning properly, you should have the indicator light illuminated inopportunely. Try to move it to discover if something is blocking it, otherwise you will have to change it, you can find some in car breakage, otherwise you will have to count 100aine of euros .
- Finally, if the light is producing your problems, you’ll need to check out your BMW X1’s interior fuse box.
If you need more guides on the BMW X1, go to our BMW X1 category.