The lighting elements of our cars are part of the important elements of security. Obviously, they allow us to see and be seen after dark or in bad climatic conditions. It is so important to keep them in good working order and to constantly have optimal lighting. In this article, we are going to concentrate on the headlights of your motor vehicle and more precisely how to clean the headlights of your BMW X1? We will begin this content with the explanation why it can be important to clean the headlights of your car, then, how to concretely clean the headlights of your BMW X1.
Why clean the headlights covers of your BMW X1?
The majority of us tend to take into consideration emptying the car, replacing a burnt-out bulb, but, we rarely take into consideration looking at the cleanliness of the headlights on his BMW X1 . Obviously, whether they are yellow, opaque, or dirty , it is essential to check that your headlights are able to effectively illuminate the road. To begin with, you can check the headlight adjustment of your BMW X1, or its low beams, by consulting our two dedicated web content.
Clean the dull headlights of your BMW X1 for roadworthiness testing
The first reason you may be on this page is that you wanted or passed the technical inspection and there are complications with the headlights of your BMW X1. Obviously, if your headlights have become opaque after some time and you have lost lighting power, you may not complete the technical inspection, in this instance it may therefore be important to clean or restore the headlights plastic cover of your BMW X1 before the technical inspection or the counter inspection.
Clean the opaque headlights of its BMW X1 to gain visibility
Second situation, you simply have the impression of lighting less well after dark with your BMW X1 . In such a case, it is interesting to clean them before the layer of dirt become tricky to remove, we recommend you to clean the headlights of your motor vehicle frequently .
How to clean the headlights of its BMW X1?
We’ll now proceed to the part that you’re most likely most interested in, how to clean the headlights covers of your BMW X1? We’ll first check out how to clean the inside of your car’s headlights, then the outside, and finally how to renovate the headlights of your BMW X1.
Clean the inside of the headlights of your BMW X1
First possibility, you have the impression that there is humidity inside your headlights or dirt . In such a case, you’ll have to clean the inside of your BMW X1 headlights, for that, nothing could be less complicated:
- Pop the hood of your car
- Dismantle the optical elements using the screws provided to do this goal
- Remove the outer headlight cover and clean the inside with a damp sponge and baking soda sprinkled on the inside of the cover
- Blow dry it at the strong dryer before you reassemble it
Clean the plastic covers of the headlights on its BMW X1
Second possibility, the optics of the headlights of your BMW X1 are dirty and you want to clean them, some alternatives are available to you, here they are:
- Clean the headlights of your motor vehicle with a damp sponge sprinkled with a tablespoon of baking soda and then rinse
- Clean the headlights of your BMW X1 with a cloth and toothpaste . Spread toothpaste over the entire surface of your headlights and rub with a cloth in a circular motion, then rinse with lots of water
- Clean the headlights of your car with a cleaning kit discovered in a specialised store. You will only have to stick to the instructions for cleaning your headlights. This remedy is effective but a little more expensive than the other options presented earlier.
Polishing the faded headlights of its BMW X1
At last, in the event even after cleaning your headlights, you have the impression that they remain dull or faded , we have a solution for you. This is frequently the case for a counter-visit of the technical control. Here is how to renovate the headlights of your BMW X1/Strong:
- Clean your headlights briefly with a sponge and baking soda
- Protect your body with thick tape around your headlights
- Get some 400 grit sandpaper, moisten it, and make delicate circular moves to sand the surface of your headlight, finish with horizontal motions
- Replicate the process with 600 grit sandpaper after rinsing the headlight
- Finally, do that one last time with glass paper 2000 grain then rinse your headlights
- Finally, apply a protective wax to protect the headlights of your BMW X1
If you wish more tutorials on the BMW X1, go to our BMW X1 category.