The lighting elements of our automobiles are part of the fundamental elements of safety. Obviously, they enable us to see and be viewed through the night or in bad climatic conditions. It is so fundamental to keep them in good functioning order and to always have maximum lighting. In this article, we are going to look into the headlights of your car and more precisely how to clean the headlights of your Ford Transit? We will start this content page with the reason why it can be relevant to clean the headlights of your car, then, how to concretely clean the headlights of your Ford Transit.
Why clean the headlights covers of your Ford Transit?
Most of us tend to think about emptying the car, changing a burnt-out bulb, but, we rarely think about examining the cleanliness of the headlights on his Ford Transit . Obviously, whether they are yellow, opaque, or dirty , it is important to verify that your headlights are able to properly illuminate the road. First of all, you can check the headlight adjustment of your Ford Transit, or its low beams, by consulting our two dedicated articles.
Clean the dull headlights of your Ford Transit for roadworthiness testing
The first cause you might be on this web page is that you needed or passed the technical inspection and there are complications with the headlights of your Ford Transit. Obviously, if your headlights have become opaque after some time and you have lost lighting power, you may not complete the technical inspection, in such a case it may consequently be relevant to clean or restore the headlights plastic cover of your Ford Transit before the technical inspection or the counter inspection.
Clean the opaque headlights of its Ford Transit to gain visibility
Second situation, you only have the feeling of lighting less well through the night with your Ford Transit . In this case, it is interesting to clean them before the layer of dirt grown to be hard to remove, we advise you to clean the headlights of your car regularly .
How to clean the headlights of its Ford Transit?
We’ll now proceed to the component that you’re probably most interested in, how to clean the headlights covers of your Ford Transit? We’ll first look at how to clean the inside of your car’s headlights, then the outside, and at last how to refurbish the headlights of your Ford Transit.
Clean the inside of the headlights of your Ford Transit
First possibility, you have the feeling that there is humidity inside your headlights or dirt . In this case, you’ll have to clean the inside of your Ford Transit headlights, for that, nothing could be less difficult:
- Pop the hood of your car
- Dismantle the optical parts using the screws supplied for this goal
- Remove the outer headlight cover and clean the inside with a damp sponge and baking soda sprinkled on the inside of the cover
- Blow dry it at the strong dryer before you reassemble it
Clean the plastic covers of the headlights on its Ford Transit
Second possibility, the optics of the headlights of your Ford Transit are dirty and you want to clean them, some choices are available to you, here they are:
- Clean the headlights of your car with a damp sponge sprinkled with a tablespoon of baking soda and then rinse
- Clean the headlights of your Ford Transit with a cloth and toothpaste . Spread toothpaste over the entire surface of your headlights and rub with a cloth in a circular motion, then rinse with lots of water
- Clean the headlights of your car with a cleaning kit discovered in a specific store. You will only have to follow the instructions for cleaning your headlights. This remedy is effective but a little more expensive than the substitute methods presented earlier.
Polishing the faded headlights of its Ford Transit
Finally, in case even after cleaning your headlights, you have the feeling that they remain dull or faded , we have a remedy for you. This is frequently the case for a counter-visit of the technical control. Here is how to refurbish the headlights of your Ford Transit/Strong:
- Clean your headlights briefly with a sponge and baking soda
- Protect your body with thick tape around your headlights
- Get some 400 grit sandpaper, moisten it, and make gentle circular movements to sand the surface of your headlight, finish with horizontal motions
- Replicate the procedure with 600 grit sandpaper after rinsing the headlight
- Finally, do that one last time with glass paper 2000 grain then rinse your headlights
- Finally, apply a protective wax to protect the headlights of your Ford Transit
To get more tips on the Ford Transit, take a look at the Ford Transit category.