Regardless whether it’s for your own security, for roadworthiness tests or for your budget, making sure your headlight bulbs are all the time operational is necessary. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out as time passes and therefore need to be changed. You’re most likely on this website because one of your headlights is burnt out and you’re concerned about how to change the bulb of the fog lights on your Ford Mustang, we’ve written and published this article content to help you do this procedure by yourself and not need to go to your auto mechanic. To start with ,, we will look at chaging the front fog light bulb of your Ford Mustang and subsequently, how to change the rear fog light bulb on your car.
How to change the front fog light bulb of my Ford Mustang?
We are going to begin this article content with the changing the front fog light bulb of your Ford Mustang, you should know that dependent on the year and the finish of your car it may not be the exact method to employ, that’s why we are going to give you the two most traditional techniques to replace the front fog light bulb of your vehicle.
Change the front fog light bulb of your Ford Mustang without removing the bumper.
First option, we will replace the bulb without taking out the bumper of your car. Despite the fact this strategy is the least complicated, there is no guarantee that you can carry it out on your vehicle. In reality, depending on the options and the year, on some models there will not be enough space for you to change the bulb by doing this. Here are the two different solutions to change the front fog lamp bulb of your Ford Mustang:
- By going under the bumper of your Ford Mustang: First approach, you will position yourself under your vehicle, don’t be reluctant to lift it with a jack if you don’t have enough space under the bumper. Once under the vehicle, all you have to do is to remove the clips of the plastic shoe that covers your engine unit and that rests on your bumper, you will have access to the fog light block of your Ford Mustang and you will not have any more (if you have enough space) remove the plastic cover, detach the plug, press on the metal part to take out the bulb and at last swap the front fog light bulb of your Ford Mustang
- By removing the wheel arch: Second alternative, you can remove the wheel arch of your car to have access to the fog lamp block of your car. To do this, lift your vehicle up, remove the front wheels, then remove your wheel arch using the clips provided for this purpose and perform the same procedure as detailed earlier to change the bulb of the fog light of your Ford Mustang.
How to change the front fog light bulb of your Ford Mustang by removing the bumper?
We will now look at the case where you are obliged by lack of space on your car model to remove the bumper of your Ford Mustang to be able to gain access to the front fog light bulb of your car. To achieve this, you will first have to remove the front bumper of your Ford Mustang, do not hesitate to browse our complete guide to find out the exact technique, know to summarize, that you will need torx wrench, and that you will have to remove screws under your cover, in your wheel arches and under your vehicle. Once the bumper has been taken away, you will only need to access the front fog lamp block and replace the fog lamp bulb on your Ford Mustang in the same manner as mentioned earlier.
How to change the rear fog light bulb on your Ford Mustang?
To finish, if you wish to change the rear fog bulb of your car the method is much simpler, here are the different steps to stick to to allow you to replace this bulb:
- By the trunk, remove the floor covering from your trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your Ford Mustang.
- After locating the rear fog light bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb
- Place your new rear fog light bulb into the headlamp block of your Ford Mustang
- Put everything back again
Check that your fog lights are working properly again before you hit the road and you’re done.
If you need more guides on the Ford Mustang, go to our Ford Mustang category.