The lighting parts of our cars are part of the important components of safety. In truth, they enable us to see and be viewed at nighttime or in bad climatic conditions. It is consequently important to keep them in good functioning condition and to always have optimum lighting. In this article, we are going to concentrate on the headlights of your motor vehicle and more exactly how to clean the headlights of your Ford Mustang? We will start this article with the justification why it can be important to clean the headlights of your car, then, how to concretely clean the headlights of your Ford Mustang.
Why clean the headlights covers of your Ford Mustang?
Most of us are likely to think about emptying the vehicle, replacing a burnt-out bulb, but, we hardly ever consider examining the cleanliness of the headlights on his Ford Mustang . In truth, if they are yellow, opaque, or dirty , it is important to verify that your headlights are able to effectively illuminate the road. First of all, you can check the headlight adjustment of your Ford Mustang, or its low beams, by reading our two specific content articles.
Clean the dull headlights of your Ford Mustang for roadworthiness testing
The first reason you may be on this web page is that you needed or passed the technical inspection and there are problems with the headlights of your Ford Mustang. In truth, if your headlights have become opaque with time and you have lost lighting power, you may not pass the technical inspection, in such a case it may consequently be important to clean or restore the headlights plastic cover of your Ford Mustang before the technical inspection or the counter inspection.
Clean the opaque headlights of its Ford Mustang to gain visibility
Second possibility, you only have the impression of lighting less well at nighttime with your Ford Mustang . In such a case, it is interesting to clean them before the layer of dirt turned out to be difficult to take out, we recommend you to clean the headlights of your motor vehicle frequently .
How to clean the headlights of its Ford Mustang?
We’ll now move on to the component that you’re most likely most interested in, how to clean the headlights covers of your Ford Mustang? We’ll first look at how to clean the inside of your car’s headlights, then the outside, and finally how to renovate the headlights of your Ford Mustang.
Clean the inside of the headlights of your Ford Mustang
First possibility, you have the impression that there is humidity inside your headlights or dirt . In such a case, you’ll have to clean the inside of your Ford Mustang headlights, for that, nothing could be less complicated:
- Pop the hood of your car
- Dismantle the optical parts using the screws provided to do this goal
- Remove the outer headlight cover and clean the inside with a damp sponge and baking soda sprinkled on the inside of the cover
- Blow dry it at the strong dryer before you reassemble it
Clean the plastic covers of the headlights on its Ford Mustang
Second possibility, the optics of the headlights of your Ford Mustang are dirty and you want to clean them, several alternatives are available to you, here they are:
- Clean the headlights of your motor vehicle with a damp sponge sprinkled with a tablespoon of baking soda and then rinse
- Clean the headlights of your Ford Mustang with a cloth and toothpaste . Spread toothpaste over the whole surface of your headlights and rub with a cloth in a circular motion, then rinse with a lot of water
- Clean the headlights of your car with a cleaning kit located in a specialized shop. You will only have to follow the instructions for cleaning your headlights. This treatment is powerful but a little more costly than the substitute methods shown above.
Polishing the faded headlights of its Ford Mustang
Finally, in case even after cleaning your headlights, you have the impression that they remain dull or faded , we have a solution for you. This is in many instances the case for a counter-visit of the technical control. Here is how to renovate the headlights of your Ford Mustang/Strong:
- Clean your headlights briefly with a sponge and baking soda
- Protect your body with thick tape around your headlights
- Get some 400 grit sandpaper, moisten it, and make soft circular motions to sand the surface of your headlight, finish with horizontal motions
- Duplicate the procedure with 600 grit sandpaper after rinsing the headlight
- Finally, achieve this one last time with glass paper 2000 grain then rinse your headlights
- Finally, apply a protective wax to protect the headlights of your Ford Mustang
To get more tips on the Ford Mustang, take a look at the Ford Mustang category.