Whether it’s for your personal safety, for roadworthiness evaluation or for your wallet, ensuring that your headlight bulbs are actually functioning is really important. Actually, bulbs are wearing auto parts that will unavoidably burn out with time and as a result need to be changed. You’re probably in this article because one of your headlights is burnt out and you’re concerned about how to change the bulb of the fog lights on your Mercedes Benz E Class, we’ve written this content page to help you do this operation without help and not need to go to your repair shop. To start with ,, we will look at chaging the front fog light bulb of your Mercedes Benz E Class and secondly, how to change the rear fog light bulb on your car.
How to change the front fog light bulb of my Mercedes Benz E Class?
We are going to begin this content page with the changing the front fog light bulb of your Mercedes Benz E Class, take note that dependant upon the year and the finish of your car it may not be the same technique to use, that’s why we are going to give you the two most common ways to change the front fog light bulb of your vehicle.
Change the front fog light bulb of your Mercedes Benz E Class without removing the bumper.
First technique, we will swap the bulb without taking out the bumper of your car. Even though this solution is the least complicated, there is no assurance that you can perform it on your car. Actually, in accordance with the options and the year, on some models there will not be enough space for you to change the bulb in this way. Here are the two different techniques to change the front fog lamp bulb of your Mercedes Benz E Class:
- By passing under the bumper of your Mercedes Benz E Class: First technique, you will position yourself under your car, don’t hesitate to raise it with a jack if you don’t have enough space under the bumper. Once under the car, all you have to do is to remove the clips of the plastic shoe that protects your engine unit and that rests on your bumper, you will have access to the fog light block of your Mercedes Benz E Class and you will not have any more (if you have enough space) remove the plastic cover, disconnect the plug, press on the metal part to take out the bulb and at last swap the front fog light bulb of your Mercedes Benz E Class
- By removing the wheel arch: Second solution, you can remove the wheel arch of your car to have access to the fog lamp block of your car. To get this done, lift your car up, remove the front wheels, then remove your wheel arch using the clips provided for this purpose and accomplish the same operation as described earlier to change the bulb of the fog light of your Mercedes Benz E Class.
How to change the front fog light bulb of your Mercedes Benz E Class by removing the bumper?
We will at this point take a look at the circumstance where you are obliged by lack of space on your car model to remove the bumper of your Mercedes Benz E Class in order to gain access to the front fog light bulb of your car. To accomplish this, you will first of all have to remove the front bumper of your Mercedes Benz E Class, do not think twice to read our complete article to know the exact process, know to summarize, that you will need torx wrench, and that you will have to remove screws under your hood, in your wheel arches and under your car. Once the bumper has been taken off, you will only need to access the front fog lamp block and replace the fog lamp bulb on your Mercedes Benz E Class in the same procedure as stated earlier.
How to change the rear fog light bulb on your Mercedes Benz E Class?
Finally, if you want to change the rear fog bulb of your car the technique is much simpler, here are the different steps to stick to to allow you to replace this bulb:
- By the trunk, remove the floor covering from your trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your Mercedes Benz E Class.
- After locating the rear fog light bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb
- Put in your new rear fog light bulb into the headlamp block of your Mercedes Benz E Class
- Put everything back again
Verify that your fog lights are working properly again before you hit the road and you’re done.
To discover more tips on the Mercedes Benz E Class, take a look at the Mercedes Benz E Class category.