No matter if it’s for your personal safety, for roadworthiness tests or to avoid a fine, making sure your turn signal bulbs are constantly functional is imperative. Surely, bulbs are wearing auto parts that will inevitably burn out with time and therefore need to be swapped out. You’re probably here because one of your rear turn signals is burnt out and you’re attempting to find how to change the bulb of a rear turn signal on you Mazda CX 3, we’ve put into writing this article to help you do it on your own without having to go to your auto technician. In a first step, we will have a look at examining a burnt-out rear turn signal bulb on your Mazda CX 3 and in a second step, how to change the rear turn signal bulb on your Mazda CX 3.
How to find out if the rear turn signal bulb on your Mazda CX 3 is burnt-out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t constantly have the possibility to verify all the safety features of your Mazda CX 3. Surely, you are generally in a hurry and tend to get into your vehicle, make your trip and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is due to this fact important to take the time to on occasions verify the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a burnt-out rear turn signal on your Mazda CX 3, but you didn’t detect it. Here are the two ordinary ways to verify if a rear turn signal on your car is out of order or if you need to change it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your Mazda CX 3, then alternately turn on your left and right rear turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are functional.
- By listening to the sound of your turn signals. In actual fact, there is an audible indicator on each car that notifies you of a rear turn signal bulb burnt out on your Mazda CX 3, you will notice that the time between each “click” is much closer, this suggests that that you will have to change the rear turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and verify which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first methodology shown above.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam Mazda CX 3 or your position lights on Mazda CX 3, don’t hesitate to consult our articles to help you to realize this substitution.
Changing the rear turn signal bulb on my Mazda CX 3
Now let’s go to the most important step of this content page, how to change the rear turn signal bulb on Mazda CX 3? Please be aware that this method is very simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your trunk, your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out rear turn signal bulb on your car. If it is a bulb on your front turn signal on your Mazda CX 3, see our specific content. Nevertheless, here are the detailed steps to stick to to be able to perform this act properly:
- To access the tail light set up, remove the carpeting or plastic cover to access the tail light assembly.
- Use a screwdriver or torx wrench (6-pointed star) to open the tail light assembly.
- Take off the rear indicator bulb from your burnt-out turn signal that you have earlier in this article diagnosed by an external visual inspection, for this you will need to make a quarter turn in a counter-clockwise way
- Change the rear turn signal bulb on your Mazda CX 3. There are two types of bulbs, transparent bulbs when the cover is orange, or orange bulbs when the cover is transparent, choose the right model for your car
- Put back in place your rear turn signal bulb and close your tail light block, then, verify your new turn signal bulb is working effectively
If you have any further questions about the Mazda CX 3, do not hesitate to consult our Mazda CX 3 category.