Whether for your personal safety, for roadworthiness tests or to avoid a fine, making sure your turn signal bulbs are constantly working is fundamental. In truth, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out over time and consequently need to be swapped out. You’re most certainly here because one of your rear turn signals is burnt out and you’re concerned about how to change the bulb of a rear turn signal on you Mini Countryman, we’ve written and published this article to help you do it without any help without having to go to your motor mechanic. In a first step, we will have a look at inspecting a burnt-out rear turn signal bulb on your Mini Countryman and in a second part, how to replace the rear turn signal bulb on your Mini Countryman.
How to be sure if the rear turn signal bulb on your Mini Countryman is burnt-out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your automobile you don’t constantly have the occasion to check all the safety features of your Mini Countryman. In truth, you are often in a hurry and are likely to get into your automobile, make your trip and put it down straight away without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is as a result crucial to make the effort to once in a while check the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a burnt-out rear turn signal on your Mini Countryman, but you didn’t identify it. Here are the two basic techniques to check if a rear turn signal on your car is out of order or if you need to replace it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your Mini Countryman, then alternately turn on your left and right rear turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are operational.
- By listening to the sound of your turn signals. Indeed, there is an audible signal on each car that alerts you of a rear turn signal bulb burnt out on your Mini Countryman, you will realize that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this suggests that that you will have to replace the rear turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and validate which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first technique shown above.
You may have another bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam Mini Countryman or your position lights on Mini Countryman, don’t be reluctant to read our publications to help you to do this replacement.
Changing the rear turn signal bulb on my Mini Countryman
Now let’s go to the most important part of this article content, how to replace the rear turn signal bulb on Mini Countryman? Please note that this method is fairly simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your trunk, your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out rear turn signal bulb on your car. If it is a bulb on your front turn signal on your Mini Countryman, see our specific guideline. Nevertheless, here are the full description to follow to be able to accomplish this process correctly:
- To access the tail light assembly, take off the carpeting or plastic cover to access the tail light assembly.
- Use a screwdriver or torx wrench (6-pointed star) to open the tail light assembly.
- Take out the rear indicator bulb from your burnt-out turn signal that you have earlier in this article identified by an external visual inspection, for this you will need to make a quarter turn in a counter-clockwise direction
- Change the rear turn signal bulb on your Mini Countryman. There are two sort of bulbs, transparent bulbs when the cover is orange, or orange bulbs when the cover is transparent, choose the right model for your car
- Put back in place your rear turn signal bulb and close your tail light block, then, check your new turn signal bulb is operating in the right way
To discover more tips on the Mini Countryman, take a look at the Mini Countryman category.