It doesn’t matter if it’s for your own personal safety, for roadworthiness tests or to avoid a fine, ensuring your headlamp bulbs are in every case effective is extremely important. In fact, bulbs are wearing auto parts that will inevitably burn out over time and as a consequence need to be replaced. You’re almost certainly on this site because one of your parking lights is burnt out and you’re struggling with how to change your Volkswagen Passat 7’s license plate bulb, we’ve written and published this content to help you do it without any help and not have to go to your auto mechanic. Firstly, we will take a look at changing the license plate bulb from the outside, secondly, how to replace the license plate bulb without outside access, and thirdly, how to replace the rear license plate bulb of your Volkswagen Passat 7.
How to swap the license plate bulb on your Volkswagen Passat 7 coming from the outside
This solution is the simplest of the two, actually, for this one you will only need to take away the protective covers of the bulbs. Unfortunately on some years or packages of car these covers do not open from the outside and if this is the situation we will spend a moment on in the second section of this article to show you the way.
So let’s start with swapping the number plate bulb by going through the outside of your Volkswagen Passat 7. It doesn’t matter if it’s the front or the back of your automobile the operation will be identical.
Here are a few simple steps to stick to to conduct this routine service:
- With the engine turned off, unplug the battery terminals from your car
- Face your license plate and use a flat screwdriver or knife to insert the flat part into the notch supplied for this intent (generally on the transparent cover) and lever on the plastic window to open the license plate bulb slot of your Volkswagen Passat 7
- Use your screwdriver or knife to remove the bulb from its placement, in the event you are afraid of breaking anything, you can as well do it with your fingers.
- Finally, position the new license plate light bulb
- Last stage, before reassembling, reconnect your battery and check the light to confirm the success of the task.
How to replace the number plate bulb on your Volkswagen Passat 7 without outside access
Second section of our article, swap this license plate bulb on your Volkswagen Passat 7 without external access. In most cases you will be able to access it, nevertheless some series (often at the rear does not allow this access).
How to swap the front license plate bulb on my Volkswagen Passat 7
To swap the one on the front plate, nothing could be less hard, you will have to position yourself under the automobile (preferably positioned on candles to give you some space), and, going through the rear of the bumper, you will have to unclip the license plate bulb block, generally kept by two soft plastic tabs by pressing on both at once, then once you have your license plate bulb block in hand, Take out the plastic that works as a seal, then with a thin screwdriver, on one side you will find a small notch, use a lever to open the plastic cover (take extra care not to apply too much pressure otherwise you will break the plastic cover), and you will just have to take away the burnt-out license plate bulb and replace it with the new , then test and reassemble the whole thing.
How to swap the rear license plate bulb on my Volkswagen Passat 7
Finally last option, you must swap the bulb on the backplate of your Volkswagen Passat 7, but you cannot open the cover from the outside of your automobile. In such a case, here is the method to operate this task:
- Disconnect the battery from your Volkswagen Passat 7
- Locate the spot of your light bulbs from the outside.
- From the inside of the trunk, you have to remove the lining of the trunk, kept by clips, you will have to lever delicately on all the frame of the trunk to remove it.
- Once found, before removing the bulb holders, unplug the holders for much easier access.
- Using a screwdriver, lever the two plastic parts to remove the bulb holder
- Replace the burnt-out license plate bulb on your Volkswagen Passat 7, check it and reassemble it, watching the clips on the trunk liner
There you have it, you have discovered the main solutions for swapping license plate bulbs on your car, remember that on some models the technique may be a bit different but you should be able to accomplish it following the explanation of this content page. If you can’t do it, don’t hesitate to go to your mechanic it would be a shame to break a part of your Volkswagen Passat 7. If you want to change other bulbs like the position light bulbs on your Volkswagen Passat 7 or the low beam bulbs on Volkswagen Passat 7, don’t hesitate to consult our articles which explain you the process to follow.
To find more tips on the Volkswagen Passat 7, take a look at the Volkswagen Passat 7 category.