Regardless whether it’s for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring your headlamp bulbs are in every case operational is fundamental. In fact, bulbs are wearing auto parts that will obviously burn out after a while and as a consequence need to be replaced. You’re perhaps on this website because one of your parking lights is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change your saab 9 3’s license plate bulb, we’ve made this content page to help you do it by yourself and not have to go to your auto technician. Firstly, we will look at changing the license plate bulb from the outside, secondly, how to replace the license plate bulb without outside access, and thirdly, how to replace the rear license plate bulb of your saab 9 3.
How to replace the license plate bulb on your saab 9 3 throughout the outside
This approach is the most simple of the two, actually, for this one you will simply need to take out the protective covers of the bulbs. Regrettably on some years or packages of car these covers do not open from the outside and if this is the case we will dedicate some time on in the second section of this article to teach you the method.
So let’s start with changing the number plate bulb by going through the outside of your saab 9 3. Regardless whether it’s the front or the back of your motor vehicle the technique will be identical.
Here are a few simple steps to follow to conduct this maintenance:
- With the engine turned off, unplug the battery terminals from your car
- Face your license plate and use a flat screwdriver or knife to place the flat part into the notch supplied for this intent (in general on the transparent cover) and lever on the plastic window to open the license plate bulb slot of your saab 9 3
- Use your screwdriver or knife to eject the bulb from its placement, in the event that you are worried of damaging something, you can as well do it with your fingers.
- Finally, put the new license plate light bulb
- Last step, before reassembling, reconnect your battery and test the light to confirm the achievement of the task.
How to replace the number plate bulb on your saab 9 3 without outside access
Second section of our content page, change this license plate bulb on your saab 9 3 without external access. In most cases you will be able to access it, nevertheless some series (often at the rear does not allow this access).
How to replace the front license plate bulb on my saab 9 3
To replace the one on the front plate, nothing could be less complicated, you will have to put yourself under the motor vehicle (ideally put on candles to give you some space), and, going through the rear of the bumper, you will have to unclip the license plate bulb block, in general held by two soft plastic tabs by pressing on both at the same time, then right after you have your license plate bulb block in hand, Take away the plastic that acts as a seal, then with a thin screwdriver, on one side you will find a small notch, use a lever to open the plastic cover (take extra care not to apply too much pressure or you will break the plastic cover), and you will just have to take out the burnt-out license plate bulb and replace it with the new , then check and reassemble the whole thing.
How to replace the rear license plate bulb on my saab 9 3
Finally last option, you must replace the bulb on the backplate of your saab 9 3, but you are not able to open the cover from the outside of your motor vehicle. In this instance, here is the solution to conduct this task:
- Disconnect the battery from your saab 9 3
- Locate the position of your light bulbs from the outside.
- From the inside of the trunk, you have to remove the lining of the trunk, held by clips, you will have to lever gently on all the frame of the trunk to remove it.
- Once established, before removing the bulb holders, unplug the holders for easier access.
- Using a screwdriver, lever the two plastic parts to remove the bulb holder
- Change the burnt-out license plate bulb on your saab 9 3, test it and reassemble it, paying attention to the clips on the trunk liner
There you have it, you have found out the main approaches for changing license plate bulbs on your car, be aware that on some models the technique may be a bit different but you should be able to accomplish it following the outline of this content. If you can’t do it, don’t hesitate to go to your garage it would be a shame to break a part of your saab 9 3. If you desire to change other bulbs like the position light bulbs on your saab 9 3 or the low beam bulbs on saab 9 3, don’t hesitate to browse our content articles which demonstrate you the operation to follow.
To discover more tips on the saab 9 3, take a look at the saab 9 3 category.